Online auction etiquette - a personal gripe

Exactly. A buyer can choose to make several bottles into one lot, by paying up as such. Otherwise, they are each available separately. Everybody can then be happy, not griping-----even the original poster, if willing to pay accordingly.

What a gentleman Karl [thumbs-up.gif]

Karl is offering an opportunity which John seems unable to find elsewhere. Perfection unattainable should never stand in the way of good attainable.

Thinking about scalping that extra .05% by selling to Victor instead . . .

[tease.gif]

2002 Pride Mountain Petite Sirah. I like Petite Sirah, and found that Winebid is a good place to find reasonably priced aged PS. It saves buying it new and waiting 15+ years for the stuff to come around.

Awesome bottle of wine. I’ve had the 01, 02, and 03 all over the last year and a half and they’ve all been killer. Some of my favorite PS.

That is a good reason to bid aggressively, rather than meekly.

Just because you bid on both doesn’t mean you want the set, or that you ‘have no need for just one’’.

Sometimes I bid on two because I figure that the more I bid on, the higher chance I win one. (And if I win two- I’ll take it)

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Por que? This is a whine forum. http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136810&hilit=mouton#p2193667

I also found this thread a little strange.

I often buy single bottles to fill verticals etc, but apparently it’s rude to break his set.

Sorry but I just do not follow the logic, and frankly it wouldn’t make much difference if I could. Auctions are competitive, and I am pretty sure the seller does want one class of buyer, but wants to maximize his money. Making it artificially uncompetitive is a little strange.

This is a great board, and I am thankful to be a part of it. That being said, one thing that is sometimes lacking is empathy. Carlos already addressed it, but John, I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you. Better luck next time.

Jeremy

Mentioned above, but my thought process in the past when bidding on Winebid. Which I don’t do anymore (too many corked bottles).

Oh, I’d love to try that wine. Oh look, there’s two of them! But one person is trying to get both of them, they must really want it too. Ok, I’ll just bid on one maybe that way we each get a bottle.

Everybody’s happy, right?

Diana, you can’t blame any retailer or auction house for ‘too many corked bottles’. They had nothing to do with it.

Actually, it did work out and I got both. The other guy tried a few more bids but then got tired. A typical auction result in the end.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, even if most of them were contrary to mine. That happens here sometimes. And I think this thread has a long way to go to be the worst thread ever on WB. That’s a helluva measuring stick.

I find it downright rude when people bid against me. Why cant they just let me have cheap vino?

Lack of skill.

John, saw some more great older PS on Winebid last night. A few bottles of '97 La Jota PS. Hopefully you were able to snag some and right some wrongs.

…John, saw some more great older PS on Winebid last night. A few bottles of '97 La Jota PS. Hopefully you were able to snag some and right some wrongs.

We need to prosecute those wrong-doers. [swearing.gif] Who wants to blow the whistle on them and their wrong actions? [soap.gif]
By the way, can anybody tell me what initially happened? [shrug.gif]

I thought the whole reason for establishing a Winebid Phantom Zone was to banish such rule breakers?