Oregon Chardonnay

[cheers.gif]

Seth was very gracious to take a lot of time one-on-one with lil’ old me a few months back, and his wines, top to bottom, were awesome.

Been following this thread, thank to all those who have chimed in. Can anyone recommend a good OR
retailer where I can get a good selection of the above shipped east?

A few options.

Vinopolis has a good online shop. Click on NW Chardonnay, at the moment all Oregon (with 1 exception) with a number of the producers mentioned above available now.

http://www.accountwizard.com/clients/shop.asp?web=vinopoliswineshop

Sec too has a great selection right now:

L&E is a bit sparse at the moment:

http://wineshop.linerandelsen.com/oregon-chardonnay-c24.aspx

A bit of thread drift, but I agree with Jim here, and I think Germany is about the most ridiculous example possible (okay, Switzerland would be more ridiculous, but hyperbole aside, you get my point). I’ve tasted a fair amount of Spatburgunder over the past few years. I’ve liked some of the wines, some quite a bit, but I haven’t thought a single one was well valued compared to Oregon. Some Burgundies are comparable at similar prices, but I wouldn’t say there’s better value there either.

One of these trips to Portland I have to get with Seth and taste what he’s doing.

Oregon Wines on Broadway can source and ship for you.

Guess you’re trying different wine. Germany is the next closest stylistically to Oregon. There’s NZ and South America but they’re not stylistically similar to Oregon nor accessible in the market.

If you want less of a “crazy” comparison, Loire, Jura, Alsace.

Anyway,

Have many folks had older Hamacher Chards? I always overlook his wines but yet often find myself loving some of the ones I’ve had. I’m not terribly familiar with how his wines hold up. They seem like they’d hold up well.

Some of my favorites are Walter Scott, Hamacher, Anderson Family, Seven of Hearts.

My 2014 Goodfellow Durant chard just delivered today to offsite. Hoping I can get over there this weekend to pull a bottle.

You won’t be disappointed. Crazy QPR in this bottle.