Pairing with tacos al pastor?

Last night we made homemade quesadillas with queso, barbacoa, and homemade tortillas. For homemade tortillas I highly recommend buying flour from Masienda. We had them with a '16 Turley Tecolote (OV Grenache/Carignane blend) and great match.

Tonight we’ll buy Oaxacan food and I’m thinking we’ll try a Rioja with that.

Gonna try savigny w carne asada tonight

Ordered from E K Valley, which I highly recommend if you like spicy Oaxacan food. Even their tacos al pastor (our son’s favorite) were spicy and very good. Served with a basic 5 year old Rioja that went well with the food.

I keep bottles of Chateau de Caraguilhes Corbieres (S Rhône from Languedoc-Roussillon) on hand anytime we have a spicy savory Korean pork dish. The earthiness balances the spiciness well. Should be a decent pairing for tacos al pastor, as well.

Ditto. I don’t even give thought to mex, indian, thai, lots of other foods with wine but it can be a fun topic if you must. If I were forced to pair a wine with spicy mexican food - an inexpensive white that tastes good. Spicy and wine works for me about like swishing with Listerine before tasting wine. A crisp well made pilsner, lighter ale or lager for me.

Agree with Indian, too. However with Thai, Riesling with good acidity is an excellent match.