Paris-Roubaix with the Boys: 1993 Dunn HB, 1986 La Dominique, 2002 d’Armailhac, 2004 Giscours

The $20 per $100 coupon has been used. Minus tax, 2014 d’Armailhac was 36, 2014 Prieure Lichine was 40, 2016 Capbern was 24, and the 2016 Ridge Estate cab was 44. Chalk it up to another Berserker enabling moment.

Great stuff, Robert, sounds good - I gave up on La Dominique some time ago too, it’s a shame things changed. I enjoyed the Armailhac 02 a lot a couple of years ago, much more than the Giscours 04 - I liked the structure and bright fruit. We’ve a 2004 lined up for this weekend.

I may need to put new batteries in my Cancelara bike but I would join .

Funny

Great night we had…always a blast hanging with Alfert…never a P.C. moment, pure debauchery.

All wines were solid but there was one true stand out…

The first time I ever tried this label was with Alfert, it was the ‘92 vintage which was absolutely fuqn smokin’

The '93 is maybe just a hair behind, but a completely gorgeous drink. The nose is captivating, smokey ash, tobacco, dried cherries and dust…seemless on the palate, smooth tannin structure, old school and earthy.
Just Killer…easily my WOTN

Is there a better Napa cab than Dunn Howell?..probably not

Herwig! I got dropped today on the racer route. It was windy, gusty. Stoopid fast. My pink tutu flew over my head and I slinkered home solo. Oh the shame. Clearly I need to drink more to toughen up. Paris Roubaix 2020!

Maybe one day Marc will ride for real…

My drop proof Cancelara bike is on back order