Parker on Twitter

Instead of

Does Wine Improve With Age?

they should publish an article called

Does Old Age Improve With Wine?

:slight_smile:

I disagree. He doesn’t say it isn’t worth cellaring wine, only that it is falling out of favor in general. While he offers no evidence for it, I also know of no evidence against his statement. The seemingly increasing proliferation of wines that drink earlier at least anecdotally supports him, if one surmises that this is in response to consumer preferences.

The word “a**hole” (and worse) comes to mind by him saying that.

Part of me has hoped that it’s not actually RMP running his twitter feed, as it’s so terrible. I unfollowed a few months back, I was tired of the short diatribe posts chained together. Part of the point of the format is to be concise, but he’s never grasped that…

Yes, I think that’s right. Hasn’t Parker mentioned that he has his assistant post his tweets for him? He’s probably never actually seen the screen and doesn’t know how it works.

If he’s going to do it that way, he should look at Don Cherry’s feed. That guy knows how to do a multi-tweet rant!

Parker actually unintentionally used “jihad” in a pretty good way because its primary meaning in Arabic isn’t that of religious war (though the so called “small jihad” concept does have that aspect but only really in the context of the Crusades); its primary meaning is to strive to good or be a better person.

What self serving schlock.

Come on Eric! All you had to do to know he doesn’t grasp what Twitter is was to look at the number of people he follows: 22

What a knucklehead.

them there ratings was fatigued long about 1990, if not before…

It’s not just him. Twitter is much more naturally a one-way medium. I have a good friend with a huge ego who never went on facebook, but loves Twitter. Come to think of it, there might be one or two here as well. Twitter can be quite interactive, but it is easy to use it as a one-way medium if you choose to. Or to put it another way, it fits well with people who like to talk much more than they like to listen.

Agreed. For most celebrities and other famous figures it’s a one way street

A lot of this stuff is easier to swallow (unintentional pun) if looked at for what it is, an attempt to entertain. No reason to be bothered. I like Jeremy Clarkson even though he doesn’t like P-cars…

Irony alert part deux

To me, they “matter” as much as me watching another episode of Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. deadhorse The cure for fatigue is to ignore the critic, including you Mr Parker.

So, Parker once again proclaims his douchebaggery and ignorance. Exactly why is that news? And why does anyone care? Frank has the right idea: ignore him.

As I read these tweets, I imagine them in this voice…

That, Sir, has made my day. Parker shall, for me, forever have that voice.

I think you’re on to something here. It would be a cool app if you could identify a celebrity voice with each Tweeter that you follow.