Pending deliveries… withdrawal?

Mine has been mostly accurate at least as to what I had already versus what I didn’t. On the shipping I’ve heard they are good about taking requests for shipping, even partial cases. I’ve been mostly happy with them though they did drag their heals a bit last year with a bunch of whites I was hoping to have before summer. No biggie since I hadn’t bothered them about it.

This is the time of year when pending deliveries should be lowest for everyone… for me it’s down to about 5 cases outstanding, but I received about 10 cases in the past couple of weeks.

04 & 05 Piedmont, 06 Burg closeouts, 04 Brunello, the stream will not dry up :slight_smile:

Hopefully getting some stuff from NYC within the next few weeks…gotta piggyback with one of the boss’…and clean the cellar, …where the hell do i store a 12L?

In the foyer baller.

Here is an interesting one from 10 years ago. Now virtually everything i buy is a ‘pending’ situation, especially with the amount of Champagne I buy that is almost completely futures driven. Even now with the climate change premise being what it is, was it different a decade ago when some of my CA purchases had a larger shipping window to execute within, whereas now the windows are far tighter? Seems like except for the Winter purchase for me in CA that can ship right away, everything is pending.

How times have changed.

No kidding. Being in New Orleans there’s maybe 4-6 months that temps are cool enough to ship here. But depending on where I’m ordering from 2-4 of those months may be too cold somewhere in between. Threading the needle to get wine in here.

You can always take a few of your bottles, box them up, and deliver them to yourself. A bit of self gratification

I like it! It’s like Christmas, but WHENEVER I WANT! [berserker.gif]

Ha! Reminds me of how I successfully curbed overspending by prepaying for wines I wanted. I took the estimated cost (including tax) and transferred the total from my play account into my savings account. Not only did I simulate the financial sting, but if I truly wanted the those wines once they became available, I’d have to manually transfer the money out of the account it ought to belong in.

Wonder what Victor thinks [cheers.gif]