Perhaps my greatest "Pobega Exeprience" of all time...William and Mary!

Many thanks! I went to look but they must be gone. I am very appreciative of your heads up, though!

That’s one of the great things about this place.

Thx Bud! I did and indeed, was able to purchase more. My wallet hates me.

I bought some last year, haven’t tried them, just bought some more. A pox on this thread too.

I know that I’m preaching to the choir, but Will’s customer service is miles above and beyond the norm! At a time when I’m paring back on lists and allocations, Will’s wines are still an easy buy.

Looking forward to trying these once again at Falltacular in a couple of weeks - that is, unless some folks take extra large pours as they did last year (grrrrrrrrrr). I think Will will be there - looking forward to reconnecting.

One of my questions about these wines - how are they on day 2 or 3? Is anyone saving enough of them to try them after some time to see how they change or develop? Really curious to hear.

Cheers!

I had a Prop Red with about 14hrs of air and it still showed quite young. That was back in September though and it had just been bottled so I really can’t answer that very well.

Anton, I’m not sure you cam claim Pobega’ing unless it’s opened within the same moon cycle as delivery. Mike, can we get a ruling on this?

Jim, from the Urban Dictionary:

Pobegad
When a highly anticipated delivery of wine arrives at your home and you don’t even wait for the delivery person to leave your property before you grab a corkscrew and open one to drink, sometimes inviting that delivery person a taste, to which they should obviously say no to, since they are driving a big truck.

I “Pobegad” a 2011 Dr. Crane last night. Excellent (but yes, it needs some time).

#open early#premature wine drinking#wine-infanticide#pobega’d#pobeged
by WineMan November 07, 2013

How does this compare to Fait Main??

Welp, picked up 3 more of the Cabernet. Will pop one of the three I bought on offering in the next couple of weeks.

Ruling? I say while maybe not a true Pobega, a Pobega at heart, so why not. It’s all good. lol

__________________[thumbs-up.gif]

Great notes! I’ve had a bottle of the Cabernet (didn’t order the Proprietary Red, though I am now reconsidering), and it was tremendous. I really can’t add much to your detailed and enthusiastic notes, other than to reemphasize that this is one of the most promising young Cabernets I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Check the other same four threads on it?

+1 on Day 2/3 tasting notes. How should one approach ageability of the 2016s in a 750 or 1.5L format? Could a mag of the cab easily go thirty years?

+1

Thanks for this thread! I forgot to put in my order this year and was able to do so!

D*mn you people. Just ordered some more. Curses.

Been there. Done that.