Pet annoyance with all the waiting list wineries.

Hahahaha

I don’t think Adam was posting about established wineries.

1 Like

First Rule of Wine Club is…

1 Like

You may be trying to not name names here, but how many “ tryna-be-exclusive” wineries really do this? I suppose it’s less than the “every single” posited (likely for emphasis rather than fact). I mean, I’ve seen it before, and yeah, it’s kinda dumb. But is it really that rampant outside of wineries that don’t need any more people on the waiting list?

It almost makes me think that these wineries are utilizing some kind of marketing ploy.

1 Like

Don’t know. Not on any waiting lists yet somehow find plenty of wines to buy.

1 Like

We forget a lot that not everyone is selling to wine geeks. We like to know all the details and particulars about the actual wine. Lots of people just want to buy something that is exclusive and popular at the same time.

My dog doesn’t mind the waiting lists, but he’s downright ornery about the tariffs.

1 Like

Maybe. If you know enough to buy exclusive and popular, which is actually an oxymoron, you probably also know something about wine.

The oxymoron was purposeful. Being popular by drinking(or consuming) exclusively is a goal for many.

The point is that selling that exclusivity is what the goal is. Knowing whether it is or not is for those that marketing is not targeted at. The marketing is targeted at those that want to feel in the know without doing their homework.

I am not sure drinking exclusively is a goal for many. Some, yes. Many?

From the frugal corner. There are so many decent reasonably-priced wines out there, especially now, that I have not joined a list in more than a year. And for those lists I joined within 2019-2020, the brands were those I learned about through trusted sources. And I made purchases. A key source is my contacts from Falltacular. And the wines tasted and/or offered for auction there. Knowledgeable people, solid support from vendors. Another source of course: Berserker Day & associated feedback. Info on pricing available without having to join the list. That’s key for me. If wines are typically in the $50+ range per bottle without offering entry-level products, not interested IMHO.

Lately, I have also noticed that when I receive offers, more types/levels of wine are available. And, when ordering, my wish lists are likely to be granted.

I’m good with what I have set up now. Plenty of offers, plenty of wine. Now to enjoy… [cheers.gif]

YMMV.