Phoenix BYO

Going to Scottsdale for a few days in April. I see a couple of BYOB recommendations in this thread. Any others? Any updates?
I’m from Oregon, where 99% of restaurants allow corkage. The paucity of BYOBs in Arizona is surprising.
Thanks for any help,
Phil Jones

Not many options due to liquor laws. Your best bet is Atlas Bistro. Paleo Kitchen is rather new and supposedly allows BYOB but I’ve not been there yet

1 Like

Bumping this as I found a new place in Tempe: Peppermill Steak House on Elliot and McClintock. It is in a Safeway strip mall. Owners (husband/wife team) apparently worked at other places around Phoenix. They have a decent website and the reviews are very positive. Peppermill is a pretty common name but this one opened in 2019.

Mentioned above is another common name, Guisseppe’s. Every city must have one. I know the guy. The place is cramped; not sure how they handle the pandemic.

Thank you for this, I hadn’t heard. I live near there and will definitely check it out!

Just looked at their website - seems like they have a liquor license and sell wine, beer and spirits. I thought in order to allow BYOB in AZ, restaurants must not have a license to sell liquor (or perhaps a muted version of what ‘most’ restaurants carry?

I just looked at the website and that looks correct, although it seems mostly wine by the glass. My friend takes wine into the place. I used to take wine into a place in SDale, although they wanted me to bring it in through the back door. Crazy laws. Are these city laws or state laws? Here in Vegas all the cities have different versions.

Any updates? Phoenix or Tempe?