Pigs and Pinot in Healdsburg

I’ve had a bottle of the 2012 George Wine. Co. ‘Hansen Vyd’ PN [RRV] open for 3 nights, enjoying on the first and last nights (took 2nd night off). It’s mature, garnet colored, and only 13.1% abv which feels low for the AVA and year. It’s very aromatic with strawberries, cinnamon, rhubarb. The palate is resolved for tannins, and acidity is aligned with the fruit. Unlike the above taster, I didn’t pick up any bretty, barnyardy notes – or maybe I’m immune to them since Rhone’s are so much of the household feedstock. I get a touch of menthol here too. If I had a criticism, this leans elegant and the concentration + length of finish (20 seconds or so) seem light. It’s a very nice wine but little is made; as the label states only 200 cs. for this vintage/vineyard. The producer has a charming backstory, and seems like another version of Jamie Kutch. It hits the spot for me, maybe an A- grade.
PXL_20210408_014813963.jpg

LOVE Papapietro-Perry.

Just realized this thread is almost 10 yrs old.

Some threads are ageless except this isn’t one of them. :wink:

We did have a Holdredge sighting though which made it all worth it.

Yeah, Arv is one those guys who likes to excavate old/decrepit threads - he unearthed one of mine earlier this week that hadn’t had a post for about five years :wine_glass:

I guess one value to seeing this pop up again for the first time since “the dawn of WB” is that you are reminded of posters who are no longer active on the board, so there is a kind of reminiscing aspect to reading this stuff again.