Pinot Days - Some quick random thoughts

Actually are you sure they weren’t from the WineBerserkers table?

What was at the WineBerserkers table anyway???
If it wasn’t Todd with some long legged young ladies call me disappointed - No more donations from me.

Wished we could have been there. Were any of the wines next vintage that haven’t been released yet??

PS. One of those two ladies of the afternoon was my grand-daughter, helping out our friend Joey get his wines out there.

Standout producers for me were: August West, Benovia, Failla, Ladd Cellars, Miner Family, ROAR, and Windy Oaks.

The many pretty girls in attendance? [cheers.gif]

Awwwwwkward. Charlie, now I’m glad I was NOT there snapping pics. Unless Randy is full of it. Which, well, I wouldn’t know. Haha.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad - personal joke.

I have had the Failla on 2 occasions recently and can say I am interested…

re: personal joke . . . LOL!!! That’s funny!!!

First time I have tasted wines from Failla, so no tasting track record, but will keep an eye on this one. Some other interesting wines tasted from Kosta Browne, Copain, MacRostie and Etude.

Great smooth event as usual easy to move around.
Standouts-Auteur, Arista, Suacci Carciere, Donum,Tyler, Big Basin, Breggo, Kanzler, Fort Ross Sea Slope, Windy Oaks, Small Vines, Zotovich.

Was Wind Gap pouring? I thought I saw Pax’s name on the list of winemakers for one of the seminars . … .

Also, the Hilliard Bruce wines are made by Paul Lato. Their vineyard is right next to Clos Pepe. Pricing is ‘aggressive’ IMHO but heck, if they can get it, why not?!??

Cheers!

Hi Larry. Hillard is not next to us. They are about 1/2 mile to the west. Next to us on the west is Kessler and west of Kessler is a farm then Hillard. What is their pricing? [cheers.gif]

I had an 05 Lattanzio ‘Bottoms’ PN [RRV] the last couple of nights. It was better on the first night. Lots of cola on the nose, and maybe some smoke/ash/incense too. Still has good fruit fruit, but definitely better on day 1, and for my tastes, should be drunk up. There’s something cloying, heavy about this wine. Maybe it was fresher younger. I’d give it a B or so.

Wow, my first genuine zombie thread!
Unfortunately, looks like the 2018 Pinot Days ain’t happening.

well, there still is Pinot on the River on October 21st, in Healdsburg… www.pinotfestival.com

Nate,

I know that Steve has had some medical challenges and I have to believe that that may be one of the key reasons. It’s a bummer since he and Lisa put their all into this event each and every year and I’m sure they’re hopeful to keep it going. Watch for future notices and do support if possible - good folks doing great things . . .

Cheers.

Lisa sent out a (public) note saying that Steve’s recovery was unlikely to progress to the point that he would be able to resume the lead in organizing the event, and that she was unable to make it work with the time demands of teaching, family and Steve’s recovery. Good people, and this was sad news.

Sad news indeed.