Please don't ship me wine via FedEx

My FedEx is 5 min away with free parking, so I love it. All my packages are HAL (hold at location). They make it so easy. UPS–for me–can be a hassle.

+1 for Fedex. Free drop helps, especially when west coast wineries send sans notification. I had a bad day today with my pending shipments. Have been lulled by the excellent service at HDH, Wine Library, Wine Bid Chicago.

FedEx for me, free redirects to fedex Kinkos around the corner or forty mile round trip during officer hours tp UPS depot

Not, a fan of Fedex either. They route all my deliveries through the hub in Sacramento (which is usually hot) even if it’s coming from LA or Santa Barbara which usually takes an extra day. Plus I’ve had problems with some of their contact drivers.

FedEx is the only shipper I want. i can redirect, they’ll hold at just about any Kinkos, they’ll deliver on Saturday, and they won’t make you wait for at least one failed delivery before you can redirect.

UPS used to be good but then they changed their rules. If the driver doesn’t follow rules like an automaton, he might deliver your package next door to the old lady who’s been taking it for years. But they’re not supposed to do that any more and most drivers won’t. I won’t order from anyone who insists on using them since it’s always a huge hassle.

Both go to my local UPS store @ 9 am, I check the tracking # and pick up usually before they call me. I did have one sent back because I did not get a tracking #, and they did not see the phone # to call me. I have yet to get a refund from Last Bottle, so do not buy from them. [snort.gif]

Fed ex is much better in this area. The redirect option is really nice.

Fedex’s national and local customer service have always been FAR easier to deal with than UPS’s for me. I hate UPS.

Can’t y’all just ship it to your workplace? If you send it to commercial address, there is less of a problem for everyone. And paying to park in a Fedex lot?? That’s just crazy. You don’t pay for the Walmart lot.

+1 generally

UPS isn’t too bad. with My Choice I can often redirect to the distro center. Quite a drive, but the people there are really quite nice. Just wish I could be more flexible with being home to meet packages. Just something about having it dropped off at my house sounds amazing.

What have been your issues???

I run a business that is open 7 days a week from 7am-10pm with dozens of people over 21 at any given time. I have had multiple FedEx drivers claim that there was no one available to sign for the package. Then I have to go pick up the package at a Kinko’s. I have complained and no one at FedEx gives a shit.

JD

Are you ever there when they go to deliver? Do they leave a door tag? Or is it only when you are not there that there is a problem? What about other FedEx shipments for other items-do they get delivered? Perhaps the issue is with your staff.

As has been mentioned in other similar threads, some of us have employers/work places (e.g. the federal government) that would not find wine deliveries acceptable.

FedEx much easier than UPS for me as they deliver to a Print and Ship store close to my house vs. having to be home to receive UPS shipments or pay to pick up at a UPS store.

any personal deliveries, really

It is good to have a concierge to accept packages

I am there almost every day. And, no, it isn’t my staff. And it doesn’t just happen with wine, either. Its a retail grocery we get packages every single day. There is no reason to leave a tag on the door because the door is open all of the time-its a grocery store! The office is NEVER left without someone there and we have a receiving clerk, too. There are 4 offices within earshot of the front desk. The FedEx driver knows exactly where we are because they have a FedEx drop box outside the store. We’re the only grocery store in a town with a total of three traffic lights. They know exactly where we are.

What happens, according to the guy at Kinko’s (where I have to go pick it up when the driver “couldn’t deliver”) is that if its late in the day and the driver is on the wrong side of the county they just say they couldn’t deliver it and drop it at the Kinkos. Or, occasionally their warehouse. Major pain in the ass.

Fedex redirect to local store is awesome! On a recent wine case UPS delivery I received a tattered and toasty hot box which ruined half the bottles. Won’t make that mistake again.

Gotcha. That stinks. Hope all works out.