POLL: How many bottles in your collection?

Hmmm. I’ll open 0.9999 repeating bottle tonight and mull that over

I did not need this thread encouraging me to think my cellar isn’t really too big…

I would really be interested to see the breakdown of the >1000 set. Like I mentioned, I am between 1000 and 1100.

Rick rumour has it that his cellar is six thousand bottles. [cheers.gif]

You don’t use cellar tracker to keep track of what wines are stored and where?

Neal is too old to use Cellar Tracker…and get off his lawn.

I was on that upward to 1000 several years ago, until sanity and the wife prevailed. Now below 500 is a goal, though I admit hard to follow. [snort.gif]

. . . and yet somehow I survive

I submitted my vote, and have each time this poll is made - which is often

Yea, but each new poll you bump up one group.

I decided to answer before I bought any more wine, since I am right on a cusp.

Poll only needs three choices:

– Not enough to get me through the week
– The right amount
– Will die before I drink the bottles I was saving for a special occasion

Actually, I’ve been around 350-400 bottles for 5 years or more.

I hope the day is a very, very long time in the future, but there is a chance I may someday inherit a large cellar to combine with mine. I think I would need to pour a thicker foundation in my house to handle the weight.

Fortunately, 1/3 of my cellar can age well for 30 years at a minimum, so the risk is smaller. The rest is non-fortified wine and therefore, I pay closer attention with those bottles in terms of the drinking windows. Love CT but I have never put my bottles in because I am just too darn lazy to go in and remove them every time a bottle is consumed, no less a dozen. This really is what has prevented me from doing so. Also going back through my entire cellar to enter in all of those bottles would take … well, more time that I have on my hands. :frowning:

OK… I feel a lot better about myself… And 44% of you have a problem that I envy.

Probably need additional category of 1000-5000, 5000-10000, 10000-20000, 20000+.

Hitting 1,300 and beginning to question my sanity

wait til they get older and start taking 12 ounce pours from the bottle of SQN you just opened. You will then offer them on a street corner for a bottle of Yellowtail.

After this we can all measure our peckers.