Popeye's WINS!

That’s the word on Twitter.

24hr fried chicken delivery in many cities in korea for the win!

Best chicken biscuit for breakfast by far.

Agree with others that, of the three, Popeye’s is a slam dunk. NBest chain has yet to be mentioned, though. And it’s a true international chain, not just regional: Pollo Campero.

Damn skippy.

Korean fried chicken is very good, but that’s not what this is about.

Had it not gone under, this chain could have been a contendah.
image.jpg

Same company, different franchisees, though

Is Korean floured ?

We’ve got all of the aforementioned fired chicken dives in town (don’t know about Church’s), and I could walk to Popeyes but no chain for me, when we’ve got great Korean and Soul Fried Chicken all over this town.

Agreed, though I’m still a little resentful that the EggBo Biscuit is no longer an official menu item. You can still get a country ham, egg and cheese biscuit, but it is so delicious that it deserved to be highlighted with a special name. I also like that you can get fries with breakfast instead of their not-so-impressive Botato Rounds.

After a couple of visits, I’m pretty happy with the new Bojangles on Jimmy Carter just before it turns into Holcomb Bridge, though I’ve noticed that there can be a wait for them to fry more chicken. Moist, but much less greasy than Church’s (which means that it is immensely less greasy than KFC), and the breading retains its crispness well, which makes for great cold fried chicken from the leftovers.

The last Chuch’s I tried seemed like it was over injected with brine, so the meat was mushy instead of tender.

That horse left the barn several posts ago.

Once again depends on the chain/franchisee. A Bon Chon opened up in Jersey City that served some of the driest most tasteless chicken I’ve ever had. But there are some good ones in Manhattan.

And so long as we’re discussing variants there’s Max’s fried chicken (Filipino). Also no breading. There’s a mediocre location in Jersey City that does a decent version but I understand the one in Manila is very good.

We have a Bonchon. It is pretty good. But Lee’s is better.

For Bonchon I’ve had good experiences with the Jersey City location but got some really dry and tasteless stuff from the location in Fort Lee. Nice thing about the JC spot is that they have Bulgogi wraps with kimchi slaw. I never see this at the other locations and I think they are pretty damn good if I’m going for fast food.

Out of the 3 selections, I definitely agree that Popeye’s should get the top spot.

Ya

This article should be about how the writer’s taste buds should be flogged for ever suggesting church’s chicken isn’t the best damn fried chicken chain out there.

Just like I like my women.

Korean, or floured?

Floured.