Portland (PDX) - June 2, 2022

The 4 of us are fully vaxxed.

Keith was looking into filling the last seat but if he hasn’t, it’s yours.

1 Like

I’m fully vaxxed

1 Like

My list had a skipped number. We have 8 - or 9, if Melissa is on.

Rick Allen , will you be able to join? I’ve enjoyed your beers and it would be great to meet you.

I’m vaxxed

I haven’t been able to round anyone up, so any new people are more than welcome!

I’m waiting to hear back from Arden on the final menu. Once I hear back, I’ll happily relay the info.

I am fully vaxxed and double boosted, but I did seemingly just come down with a cold(!!?!) I’m C19 negative still, but will continue to test over the coming days, hoping this passes quickly so I don’t have to back out.

Bummer, Eric, hope you get well soon.

Would be great if Rick can join us.

Thanks Lee, we’re far enough away still that I’m optimistic!

1 Like

I will not be attending. I have too many balls in the air right now at the Brewery. Sorry!

I have an update:

I wasn’t able to work out corkage with Arden, so we will be at Higgins instead! They are requiring proof of vaccination and corkage will be $25 a bottle. I had a good friend reach out to them and they’ll be happy to have us.

As far as wine, I’ll be bringing an 09 Laval Haut Chevres

1 Like

We will both be attending, you can put Melissa as confirmed.

Looked at the menu, and mulling options. Leaning towards two pinots, Oregon and/or Burgundy.

If I additionally brought a 96 Loire sticky, how many would be interested in sharing it?

Good news from me - symptoms are passing quickly. I’ve tested every day and continue to test negative for C19, so this was, indeed, a (very) minor cold. I fully expect to be there.

Now, what to bring…

1 Like

I’ll happily drink a Loire sticky!

any interest in old barolo?

Definitely!

Definitely! Also, I have no idea what a Loire sticky is but no better way to learn. I’m planning to bring an aged Northern Rhone and maybe something else.

Always!

Eric, glad your are feeling better.
Also, old Barolo, Pinot Noirs, and old (presumably) Chenin sweet all sound great.
Anybody have experience with Higgins, and want to share? The menu looks interesting and unusual, but intriguing. I’m still thinking Champagne and Bordeaux, but have other options and/additions to tote along.

All the wine propositions sound great. I’m still in for Gonon St Joe. Rethinking the Riesling bc it would be an outlier. I’m limited in what I have here but could do 99 Grosset Gaia to go with David’s PLL. Otherwise I can see what else I’ve got.

As for Higgins, will we be ordering a La carte?