Post your CELLAR PIC time…..

Mine is a pretty functional prefabricated cellar (racks are double deep). When I ran out of room, I bought one of these as a supplement: http://www.lecachewinecabinets.com/loft-wine-cabinets-lc/le-cache-3100-classic Between the two, I have almost 1400 bottles in these.
cellar3.jpg
cellar2.jpg
cellar1.jpg

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=21124
IMG_0488.JPG

2 Likes

What’s your approximate capacity?

1 Like

I estimate around 450-500. But I keep my bubs standing up, and my champagne glasses in a shelf to. I also use one of the bottom of the angled bins for display bottles or to stand things up a day or two before consumption. I really love how it had become a part of the living space

Awesome use of wine case wood, Sean and Adam!

1 Like

Why wont picasaweb work on my ipad or iphone?

Cant see erics pics.

Thanks! All the credit (other than the concept) goes to my contractor. That’s way above my handyman skill level.

1 Like

We built our house about 9 yrs ago……so part of the total……but I “think” it was something like 15K for the cellar portion……and a lot of that was for the ducted cooling unit. Racking was from Apex….holds about 1650 bottles. I remember getting bids just for a wine cellar in the 30+K range….so my contractor did better.

This is a converted closet. Maxed out it can hold close to 1100 bottles.
image.jpg

1 Like

I had to dig under the house to create this space:

Did all the construction except the racks

Cellar is now packed to the ceiling

1 Like

Damn. I need to make more money!

2 Likes

+1.

And mine . . .

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=993124#p993124

(it’s a little more full now)

This is our converted, active cooled 3x3’ closet. I’d love to have a basement like we had in Michigan (or Eric’s cellar in any climate [cheers.gif] ). The racks are 2-deep and the lower 8 rows or so were built to fit Turley/Pax/Champagne bottles.
IMG_1688.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG

I guess I better give this a go.

Pardon the blurry pics…

Our basement is below grade, and had a nice ambient temperature…and was one of the reasons we picked the house. The cellar, at the time, was a warren of small strange rooms that we had bashed into a larger space for the cellar.

Inside, looking immediately back to the door. It had glass, but we used fabric over insulation and made the insulated cover. Eventually, we want to make it a hidden door, but that’s the door, for now.

Sparkling alcove, some magnums storage. Double deep.

View from the entry area, looking ahead. The entry area will have a 28x28" table/rack soon.

View from the entry area, looking right…

After walking straight in, and the looking right, behind the divider wall.

View from the table back towards the front…

View looking through the arch into the back little room…

Left…

Right…

2 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous. Great job on that cellar!

Where did you get the hydrometer/thermometer?

A couple shots of my recently completed cellar, just moved in last fall. Reclaimed about a 7x10 section of unfinished space adjacent to our lower level great room and bar. Still need an interesting piece of art for the back wall and to install the glare shields on the led puck lights. Should hold 650 bottles fully loaded.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

2 Likes

Hey look! I’m going to overcompensate for the other areas in which I am truly lacking!

2 Likes

Since the OP used the thread as a way to boast his own cellar, can we please change the title to: “allow me to try and impress you with MY cellar”?

1 Like