Post your Unpopular Food Opinion

The OP figured it out.

That is not unpopular, it is just the truth.

This doesn’t mean that you can’t get some Cajun. And the Cajun options are infinitely better than they were 20 years ago when the only “cajun” places were Mulates and Ralph and Kacoo’s serving inedible food to tourists.

Most things are not better when cooked sous vide than when cooked with “traditional” techniques.

Not all food is made better by having truffles shaved over it.

Almost all desserts are a waste of calories, and should be banned from taking up space on tasting menus.

I make a great arugula egg frittata, and serve it with an oaky chard from the prior night’s party.

Brown is the color of flavor. (I think attributable to Emeril.)

Meat is gross.
Raw celery is a stringy abomination.

1. If I am seated next to you and you whip out your phone and start taking macros of your served-up food, I have every right to f*@king stab you. If you are sporting a beard, a man-bun, or a black Northface jacket, I get to kick you in the balls first. If you are woman with a beard, man-bun, or Northface jacket, the kick will be to the private parts.

2. I don’t expect to see any schmears/skid-marks of some pureed anything decorating my plate.

3. The organic, locally sourced, humanely sacrificed thing is/should be as out as man-buns, beards, and black Northface jackets.

4. If I am seated next to you and you are hacking/coughing/spewing up phlegm, wiping your nose with the table linen, or talking loudly on your cell, all of 1) again apply.

5. Store-bought stock in a cardboard box or can is useless-you might as well use salted water.

6. Flannery and all the other mail order steak companies are a waste-too much fat, inconsistent beef. The one exception is Snake River Farms for smoking some righteous Q.

7. If you are over 40, still read Cooks Illustrated, and every other foodie word out of your mouth is about what you f#*king sous-vide-d last night, stay the f#*k away from me. Or better yet, try sous-vide-ing your pecker.

But his phlegm is naturally and locally sourced, and he is simply curating it.

The thread title reads “unpopular.”

LOL@Mitch

That ironically sounds pretty tasty. Guessing you saute’ the arugula with some garlic and oil first though. Was referring more to eating it raw in salads or sandwiches.

Also, never said I don’t like eggs (actually love them), just think the modern trend of “put an egg on it” is hugely overdone.

I hate foie gras.

It hates you in return.

Meat is murder, but it still tastes good.

IMG_1018.JPG

Garlic and onion add overly coarse flavors and detract from the qualities of wines served with dishes containing those ingredients.

Caviar is meh

+2

It’s good to know that three of us exist!

People always look at me like I’m crazy whenever I tell them Sriracha just ain’t my thang. They get pissed off when I tell them it’s the Heinz Ketchup of hot sauce.

It’s good blended with either mayo or ketchup.

Creole cuisine is loaded with recipes that include both garlic and onions but in most cases they are antagonistic.

I don’t really understand sushi. Sure, I’ve eaten my share. But IMO, most fish (and meat, for that matter) have so much more flavor and interesting texture when cooked. There are exceptions, but for me they are rare (haha).