Pressure Cooker?? ideas? thumbs up or down?

Interesting thought - you don’t lose salt to evaporation, though - it just concentrates. I would think you’re caught with more liquid after pressure cooking, and salt concentration would be lower than if cooked on an open flame.

I should have been more clear. You need less salt because it has more flavor

I bought one for my mom this christmas but I don’t think she’s used it yet…

One thing I have had out of a pressure cooker that was very memorable was a full ham done in Mexican Coke. I don’t have the recipe but I"m pretty sure it was just a liter or so of coke with some dried mustard. They took it out, studded it with cloves, smeared on honey and popped it under the broiler. It was one of the best hams I"ve ever had.

question

what do you do with all this extra liquid to concentrate more flavor? Throw it onto an open flame to reduce?

I have managed this a few ways. If I am worried about the agitation of boiling off liquid having negative effects on the meet and veg, I would pour it off and simmer it down separately.

With the Bolognese I made recently, all I had to do was spoon off some of the fat from the top, and there really was not too much liquid.

I made a stew early on that ended up quite watery, and I transferred it to a wide mouthed sauce pan and cooked it down.

The other option, of course, is to either thicken it, or pour it over Rice or another starch of some sort.

With the pressure cooker, I was overall impressed with the perfect texture of the braised meat.

We use our Instant Pot several times a week. Great for risotto, beans, chili, stock, roasts…

I love my InstantPot. There are several Pinterest sites with recipes. On Facebook, there are Groups as well. The Facegroup Group for Indian Cooking with InstantPot is fantastic not only for the recipe tips, but also the myriad of uses for the device. Serious Eats, Tasting Table, The Kitchn, etc. all have recipes and tips for pressure cooker cooking.

Personally, I love it for beans, chili, and braises.

thanks, needed some direction with this new toy.

Couldn’t find the Indian Facebook group. Any link?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=instant%20pot%20for%20indian%20cooking

Instant Pot for Indian Cooking