PSA: 2010 Tondonia Rosado $44.97

Other than this, they’ve been a pretty good source, so don’t write them off just because of this. $12 case shipping (free on the 21st of each month), solid pricing and responsive customer service. I also got a case of Clerico Ciabot Mentin for $28/btl so they’ve earned some goodwill from me.

Nah, I totally get it. Huge demand and I’m sure they went super fast.

…but it would be nice if websites had the ability to accurately portray their available inventory before I get my hopes up :wink:

Seems to be a habit with these guys (b-21). Same thing happened to me last month with the cancelled order. You might think they would circle back to those they disappointed the first time instead of putting them back up on WS. Or just leave them off WS since they must know it caused them problems the first time.

Did anybody order anything else besides the Rose? I’m wondering if one ordered say 2 bottles plus 4 others if it might have gone through? I’d have no problem with something like that if told up front.

I’ve been buying from b21 since the mid-90s. At least to me, this is a very rare occurrence. I cannot even remember last time it happened. They are generally top notch. My only nit at b21 is their offerings in regions I really like - like Northern Rhone and Chinon - are quite light. That, however, is more of a creature of the Florida wine market, i.e., what local consumers want, over anything else. They used to carry lots of sexy stuff back in the day and I was repeatedly told it just didnt move.

Re-reading my initial post made me think I wasn’t as clear as I could be. I didn’t mean to say that overall b-21 has an issue, maybe just with this wine, which I also had the same series of events happen to me weeks ago.

If Robert has a 20 year regular history they should definitely treat him better than me, I’ve only ordered maybe a half dozen times over 20 years.

I didn’t know these were offered on WS, I went to B-21 directly based on the OP. I think I even searched WS after to see what was available, plenty on offer at $100 Plus. I asked for B-21 to cancel the other part of my order given the long wait for shipping season and they agreed, which I appreciate. Seems like a well run place.

B21 is BS with this order. Their online inventory showed 66 bottles. I bought 12, showed 54. I got confirmation via phone call and email. Then they say its cancelled.

Guys, it’s a clear error. I doubt any retailers, even big ones, are getting 5+ cases of this wine.

Smart move!

I placed my order right after you. You’re a regular customer?

Regular in past 2 yrs only.

I’m guessing (pure guess) that the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing at B21 in this instance, perhaps exacerbated by COVID. Namely, the wine came in from the distributor. 5 or 6 cases. And whoever normally does intake processed the wine and put it on the website at the normal margin. While in reality the bottles were preallocated or otherwise not meant to undergo standard processing, and whoever did intake didn’t know that.

I’ve had that type of scenario happen before.

That seems more likely than the inventory system, which apparently updates with every order, wasn’t working right. And that’s the only thing that happened.

I do believe it, but this happened to me weeks ago as well.

I finally received my 3 pack from the original vendor today. The vendor was great, but FedEx was hell-bent on not delivering this and returning it to Florida. I’m normally pro FedEx, but in a quarantine situation I’ll take UPS every day.

No chance I Pobega this wine. Will report back in 3 weeks.

Circling back on this thread to provide a little hope that there are still deals to had. Was pretty bummed about the tease that was B21, so I made it a mission to find an even better price. After some obsessive searching and a few phone calls, one of my local AZ contacts was able to source 8 bottles for me…at $35 a pop! I took all that they could get their hands on but that at least proves that it’s still possible to secure some of this wine at a reasonable price.

Coravind a small glass as soon as I got home today and absolutley loved it. Amazingly fresh for a 10 year old rose and very complex, with maybe a bit more spice than the 2009. Blind/blindfolded I’d probably be guessing a light red wine, but would have no clue on the region/varietal. Utterly unique wine and proves once again that LDH Rosado is, to me, in a class of its own.

[media] Rich Brown on Instagram: "Knew it was going to be a good day! #rosadowine #rosewine #lopezdeherediaviñatondonia #lopezdeheredia #wine #spanishwine" [/media]

[worship.gif]

Awesome perseverance. Better than I did when I pounced on a local NYC offer at $41 and change a few months back.

Rich,

As much as you’re liking these please do yourself a favor & seek out a Muser Rosé. About the same price, equally singular, and the 1995 Rosé I had in 2017 might possible have been the best rosé of my life.

$41 is solid!! I’m definitley a buyer at that price.

Man, this stuff is really, really good!

1 Like