PSA--possible Flannery Berserker credit card breach? [UPDATE in First Post 2/14/20]

I did just have a breach discovered on Saturday ($100 exactly at Massage Envy, plus a <$1.00 charge at Massage Envy, and another $100 charge at some online clothing retailer in CA - I assume the $100 even charges were attempts to buy gift cards?). An annoyance because this was a fairly recently re-issued card and it’s the one we use most, and for many recurring items, so I get to go through and re-enter all of those yet again…

I made a few BD11 purchases, all with this card, but I did NOT make a Flannery purchase this time. Grassl, Terrien, Calluna, Balanced, Wilde Farm.

Of course, whoever got my info could have gotten it weeks ago and only now did they (or someone who bought it from them on the dark web) try using it.

I purchased from Flannery and others on BD11. No breach on my card.

Same story here. Feel bad for them if there was some problem, don’t want them to get a bad rap, love them and the products, and will keep buying!

I bought Flannery and no fraud on my card.

Me too - purchased from Flannery on BD and had to replace Amex Platinum. It’s the first time I’ve ever had an issue with that card. Not holding anything against Bryan, of course!

I also had a fraudulent charge from wilbornti

Hi all, I am just seeing this thread now, and want to address as best we can. Last week Amex reached out and said that they were researching potential fraud with cards used prior on our website. We immediately reached out to our payment gateway company (Authorize.net). They did not indicate anything definitive, so we hired an approved scanning vendor to run a full audit of our web site. This is underway right now, but I don’t know any results if any yet. We are taking this very seriously, and as we find out more, will post here. To err on the safe side, we are currently gathering all emails of customers who purchased from us on BD to send a note to apprise them of this situation. For those of you who don’t already have it, my cell # is 415-819-4366; i’m happy to speak directly with any and all. My sincere apologies for whatever is happening. Bryan

I hope you’re able to resolve this quickly and without too much impact on your business, Bryan!

FWIW, we’ll be cooking some Flannery hanger tonight (was already in the plans :wink:)

I’m taking Bryan’s post and sticking into the OP so people will see his response immediately.

Bank of America said that there were incorrect expiration dates and CVV codes entered

I ordered nothing from flannery but had to replace. I bought Salt Vine and Grassel only.

I also bought Grassl, that and Flannery were my two purchases on the 26th, card was compromised on the 27th.

Geez, same thing happened here…pretty disconcerting to think authorize.net may have been compromised.

I also bought from Flannery and used a different card than i do for wine purchases and received a fraud alert the next day. Of course, i do not blame Bryan and Katie - glad the card company caught the activity.

Thanks for the response Bryan and the great deals!

I got a charge on my card too, Comcast which I cut the cord over 5 years ago. And I purchased from Flannery on BD.
Make sure you check your bills carefully since I wouldn’t have noticed the comcast charge until way too late…

BTW, I used a visa card, not AMEX

No Flannery for me, just as a data point.

Chase flagged an unauthorized charge for Allegiant air tickets on the 27th. I had used my card for Flannery and JB Neufeld the day before. Card was cancelled and new one reissued.

Flannery, Grassl, Salt Vine, Sojourn. Got 3 Chase fraud alerts 2 days ago. Cancelled card.

I bought Grassl. No issues.

I just did a manual check on my credit card website.
For each charge, there’s a description whether card was present or not. This made parsing my charges easier.
Seem like all the charges where card wasn’t present was the large comcast order and a bunch of amazon purchases. I’ll need to check my wife’s amazon purchase history on her account.