QPR Hall of Fame: 2018 Dureuil-Janthial Rully Blanc

Was staying in Rully during the Summer of 2013. Visited D-J, loved the wines. Could find the Meix Cadot VV in London and get it into the US for around $40 per bottle. Then $70. Now no price. Fantastic producer, wish I owned a few barrels-full!

1 Like

Please do Alain! Europe only availability is fine. [cheers.gif]

OK so here we go! Some of the domaines might already be well known, I’m not sure.

Chablis: Gautheron, Camille et Laurent Schaller, Gilles et Nathalie Fèvre, Pommier, Lavantureux, Gueguen, Goisot (Côtes d’Auxerre)
Domaine Rapet (Pernand Vergelesses 2020 is 24€)
Domaine Pavelot
Jacques Saumaize
Saumaize-Michelin
Domaine de la Bongran (Thévenet)
Alain Gras
François Raquillet
Domaine Jacob
Agnès Paquet
Frantz Chagnoleau
Héritiers du Comte Lafon
André Bonhomme
Domaine Jacqueson
Domaine Nudant
Jean-Marc Vincent
Domaine Ferret
Nicolas Maillet
Christophe Buisson
Domaine Bart
Domaine Gouffier
Guillemot-Michel

Alain

1 Like

On a side note, we had a tasting this eve with our group and our host had a small remainder of Rully blanc 2019 he opened earlier this week (like half a glass), and I have to admit it was pretty darn good. I brought a Ramonet Pernand Vergelesses Les Belles Filles 2015 and while I thought it was the better wine, the D-J was no slouch either.
So now I’m considering giving the 2019 vintage a go despite the price increase and tight allocation. Oh well…

Alain

Thanks for the list. I know and have tried some of them but not most of them. I’ll keep an eye out!

Thanks Alain, much appreciated [cheers.gif]
I will go hunting to see what I can find…

Please do not complain about the price. Here in Quebec, Canada you are only allow to place an order for 1 bottle each for each customer. Then you need to be lucky because it it a lottery. If you want to order the wines from outside Canada, the Customs will get after you [head-bang.gif] !!!

Opened another bottle of this tonight. If anything, even better than the last one. More expressive and a bit deeper. D-J has become a “buy whenever you see it offered” producer for me.

2 Likes

commercial post: The company I work for imports the wines of Paul and Marie Jacqueson (please note spelling… one ‘s’, not two).

I have been importing these wines since the 1984 vintage, find them consistently excellent and also good values, although prices, like for all of Burgundy, have gone up steeply.

If you can find them, please give them a try. The family was recently able to purchase some significant additional parcels of vineyards in both Rully and Mercurey. My favorite red has always been the Rully 1er Cru ‘Cloux’, with the lieu-dit ‘Chaponnieres’ the great value. The newly acquired Mercurey 1er Cru ‘Les Champs Martin’ is proving to be a star.
For whites, the Rully 1er Cru ‘Gresigny’ has always been my favorite, but as the vines have aged I now find the Rully 1er Cru ‘Pucelles’ on the same level.

We get tiny quantities, IIRC last year a total of about 80 cases split between half a dozen wines. My company however is not the only American importer.

Dan Kravitz

3 Likes