#Quaranwine

In the early going, I’m drinking better and much more.

We have 12 and 15 year olds, and my 15 year old is a high level athlete who we drive to and from practices and training most nights, so relaxing at home with a good bottle has gotten a lot tougher. Now that we’re actually just home all evening, it’s a big green light for the wine cellar.

What I’d really like is to have more small (wine-themed or otherwise) in-home type gatherings. I don’t mean a party or a big tasting, but get one or two couples or friends over to hang out. That would help ameliorate the effects of the social isolation, and let us enjoy good wines together, without doing so in crowded settings that increase risk.

Whether I can get people to do that or not, that remains to be seen, but I’m going to try. If any of my local friends read this and think it’s a good idea, reach out.

All bets are off. Open season over here.

We’re not drinking more, but we are drinking better. We used to drink current vintage Goodfellow WV and Cameron Dundee Hills Chardonnay during the week and now, for example, we drank 2014 Walter Scott Cuvee Anne, 2013 Cameron Clos Electrique, and a 2014 1er Cru St Aubin over the last three nights.

Ditto here.