Quite possibly the worst WS article of the year (or longer!)

I see what you did there, nice champagne.gif

+1

Agreed, except I think its a lot better than a $5 wine. Not a $20 wine, but a very solid rose.

You’re on the same page. He didn’t say you can get similar quality for $5, but rather “$5 less.” So around $15 (I think it sells for around $20).

New York is drowning in it.

Ah, got it.

That will happen next summer when the 2017 vintage is on closeout for $4 a bottle.

As an aside, now you know what you’re getting when you order Frose–last year’s closeouts! flirtysmile [cheers.gif]

I heard the second label is called ‘New Jersey Water’. Mmmm

Then there’s the third label called Toms River Estate.

Found this at my local grocer for $3 a bottle. [wow.gif] Would have bought cases for the upcoming Summer, however, store limited me to only a 6 bottle purchase. Wasn’t this a Top 100 WS (#83) wine of 2018???
hampton.jpg

Pretty spooky crystal ball ya got there.

Damn, no kidding! Well played Brent!

Spotted the 2018 Hampton Water at a liquor store today outside of Ocean City, NJ. $28 a bottle, and located in their special wine room. Would have made a nice wine spritzer for this hot weather at $3.

I am still not getting the allusion. Sorry to be culturally dense

If that place was Stone Harbor then 2 buck chuck is $28 too. [cheers.gif]

Boulevard Liquors over the 34th street bridge. Wine room, with a few exceptions (Siduri, Penner Ash, Ridge), was a steak house wine list with pricing to match.

I’ve had it, it’s quite good.

2 parts Hampton Water

1 part frozen strawberries

1 part sugar

Blend and serve!

I give it a 93!

Resurrecting this critical thread to note my deep amusement/disdain upon opening my mailbox to find a Bon Jovi cover story + like 12 page career retrospective (?!) on path to making crappy French rose.
I thought the last WS I received, with cover story and enormous fawning profile of LPGA player (name escapes me) was crazy lame for a wine magazine. Oct 31 issue said “oh, you want lame? Check this out.”
I know WS is a “lifestyle” mag and not aimed at the geeks, but has it always been so cringey? I’ve read it on and off for 20 years but I swear we are plumbing new depths these days.
Yes, I am bringing all this upon myself.

1 Like

I was eventually able to let it go from our inventory to some better rose’s. Replaced it with a good value German pinot noir rose.

You read it didn’t you?

Owned.

1 Like