Quivet

That’s too bad Glenn, I would guess it’s shut down pretty hard as the one we had was basically Pobegad…I should have made mention of this, sorry.

As a data point, this thread inspired me to open the regular 2012 Kenefick Syrah, which I did in the afternoon and (as expected) it seemed pretty monolithic upon opening. After 3 hours it was just great, everything I’d wanted except perhaps without the explosive aromatics I get from the whole clusters (both Quivet & Myriad).

Actually, all of Mike’s 2012s have seemed pretty backwards. Especially the Cabs, which are more stubborn than the 2010s were. You can tell these are epic wines but they really come off as being made in a more truly vin de garde style, at least to my palate.

My wife and I have noticed the same with the 2012 Quivet and Myriad Syrahs. Really the first vintage that I can say have been backwards. Off the top of my head I can’t remember what bottles they were, but they all seemed to be very confused at this point. Not bad just confused and backwards. What’s everyones thoughts on how long to lay these down for? Todd