Realm Rosé “La Fe”

Your last statement is simply not correct. First off, there is no way one can determine how the ‘majority’ of California roses are made. Period. Second, just because a winery chooses to make a rose using the saignee method does not mean that it is a ‘lesser’ wine whatsoever. Talk to Tablas Creek - they make one of the top rated roses year in and year out and good percentage of it is saignee. Oftentimes water is added to the saigee’d juice since the grapes are picking at riper sugar levels than most roses usually are, but alcohol is NOT added nor are other ‘flavor additives’ as this is entirely legal.

And no where does it say that this Realm is made with a saignee method - my guess, based on reading above, is that it is not. Period.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Facts. Broad unsubstantiated generalizations usually do not end well when scrutinized.

And no, Realm’s “clout” is not because of their branding. They are not mass produced like other wines that rely on their branding for mass appeal. Just because they invest time and effort to present a great total package (such as labels) does not mean their “clout” is due to branding and convincing ourselves the wines are better than they are. I think that’s a gross misstatement. Those that are fortunate enough to buy their wines do so because of the enjoyment of them, as they’re widely admired by critics and consumers alike. I’d venture to guess that those that are fortunate enough to buy their wines, which of course are priced in the premium category, are well-versed in other premium, high-end wines, thereby making their branding not particularly important, since these individuals may have a greater ability to buy higher priced wines.

I get the points you’re trying to make, and certainly you’re entitled to your opinions, but as others have pointed out, including Larry, your posts have some very distinct inaccuracies.

I think he was generally trying to say that the wine is not worth $60 because it is made from cast-offs from a much better wine. This of course ignores the fact that, as was stated above, this was a very purposefully made rose for a very specific reason.

I encourage the guy to continue to drink his $25 California “sav blanc” and not to worry about wines that are apparently outside of his comprehension.

1 Like

I am very interested in that $25 California Sauvignon Blanc, maybe I could save a lot by not buying Fidelio. [cheers.gif]

Good morning! To clarify, our Rosé is not saignee. We picked Merlot in August when it became apparent the smoke wasn’t going to let up. This wasn’t an exercise in bleeding, we knew we were not going to produce a red wine. We pressed the fruit in the same manner as our Sauvignon Blanc Fidelio and treated it much like a white wine through fermentation. In fact, we pulled back on the press fractions because we didn’t want to pick up anything more than necessary from the skins. The result is pale pink color Rosé. Alcohol is 13.9% which is a first from the Realm house!

Sorry to hear the experience with 19 Fidelio. I found that wine a little tight and closed upon release but it’s singing now. By comparison, 2020 Fidelio is already very expressive.

6 Likes

My mom loves rose! Excited to Try!

Great information! Thank you. I skipped the 2020 Fidelio, do you happen to have any left that could be added to my La Fe order?

Thanks for popping back on here. A great defense is our best offense - let people know what is really happening and we are all better off. Congrats on a successful release and I hope you sell out promptly.

Cheers

Chris, I wish I had more Fidelio to share but sadly it’s all gone! Thanks for your message Larry and I enjoy reading your posts and perspective too.

Try Joel Gott California Sauvignon Blanc. #19 rated wine in the world according to this years Wine Spectator Top 100. Its $9.99 and I buy a case + for our house wine when its 100 plus degrees all summer.

Fidelio Sauvignon Blanc in my opinion is one of the 3 best in all of California. Stuff is amazing and very much a cut above $10, $25 and $50 Sauvignon Blanc. [cheers.gif]

Tremendous ignorance in this post. [winner.gif]

If it’s one of my favorite producers/winemakers, I will always try something new from them. This fits squarely within that envelope. Especially when it’s something like this and they probably obsessed over every detail. I’m excited to give this offering a go.

Please, enlighten me. Tell me how rose is made.

A lot of people claiming “that is not true, that’s not how its made, Realm would never do that, etc”. Truth be told - you have no idea how the wine you are drinking is made or what additives are in there. If you did I guarantee you’d be shocked - I know I was.

The owner of Realm literally posted in this thread responding to you about how the rose was made.

1 Like

Trump also said the election was rigged. What’s your point?

This post clearly went off the rails. Was not trying to antagonize anyone or anything to that matter.

[popcorn.gif]

But you are not listening to anyone - not to the winery owner, not to other winemakers who make wine IN CALIFORNIA and MAKE ROSE . . .

I think we all understand where you are coming from, but in this case, you are offbase - and you are offbase with your description of how ‘most’ CA roses are made.

If you want to ‘make good’, perhaps you can apologize to Realm . . .

Cheers.

1 Like

I smell a troll

Most expensive wine I bought personally for my collection is a $105 2008 Buccella Cuvee Katrina Eileen at an auction.

Scarecrow 2018 thread:

Due to financial constraints this year - I will be passing on my allocation. If you are interested send me a PM and I am willing to pass it on to you.

So did you pass on your first Scarecrow allocation in 2018 or somehow pay < $105/bottle for a previous one?

</>

Meanwhile those highly sought after rose champs and domestic rose sparklers sure ain’t cheap.

Thanks Gabe! I will grab from TotalWine soon. [cheers.gif]