Rejected Pétrus Bottles.

“Best before you pay for it” most likely.

Pétrus 1994 whose label did not stay on the glass. picture of the label alone.

Pétrus 1971

From what I see on the pictures of LMD, I am not sure that I would have had the same attitude. But as I did not see the capsules and the color of the wines, I cannot give any comment.
The two wines for which I show the pictures were absolutely excellent.

I cannot the view your attached photos for some reason.

Understandable that my photo of both bottles yields little information. I should have taken photos from several different angles. I did, however, write (above) some of my (unphotographed) observations, such as the lack of virtually any visible sediment on the bottom or sides of the ‘71, the capsules looking inconsistently fresh/shiny compared to the labels, the presence of what appears like glue under the notch of the ‘71’s capsule, etc. In any event, I, who actually physically examined the subject bottles, was convinced they are not genuine. Even assuming they were, their appearance (with the troubling observations), coupled with the lack of any reliable assurance of source and previous storage, all told me to give them a pass.

At this point in time, I’ve seen overwhelmingly more fake Petrus from Chinese sources than real. Smart decision to reject the bottles.

I was a little creeped out that St. Peter appears to be in the bottle.

Deleted.

Though I’ve seen a few on the web without the subject line on the top of the label; most have it.

Heh heh I was trying to get in for a little sniff/taste.

Thanks. There are many fine bottles out there waiting to be bought and enjoyed. No big to pass on some when in doubt, especially at Pétrus’ prices.

For some bizarre reason, this thread’s title conjures an image of you leaping towards a basketball hoop preparing to dunk a bottle of Petrus. Suddenly a wine-loving NBA star like LeBron pops up, rejects your attempt, grabs the bottle, and takes off down court laughing and glugging from the bottle as he goes.

My image is more of Noel leaping up and stuffing Yao Ming.

Which reminds me that I failed to mention re: the ‘94: aside from the label missing the European recycling support symbol on the bottom right, it bore the “Produce of France” line on the top - which I’ve never seen on other ‘94 labels.

1 Like

Note to self: bring a special bottle for Craig next I’m in SF.

[cheers.gif]

craig only drinks baller wines.

I think I just may be able to handle that.

without a doubt kabayan. i’ve only served him plonk juice.

They used a V instead of a U in Petrus, idiots.