reservation at per se?

Does this mean my plane ticket is not in the mail?

[/quote]Does this mean my plane ticket is not in the mail?[/quote]

sad to say, no. going to lincoln tomorrow night to eat j benno’s food. may be as close to per se as i get [head-bang.gif]

Not to hijack, but I’ve never gotten the dining alone thing at a really nice restaurant. At a sports bar, where you can watch a football game or read the paper, sure, but at a restaurant like Per Se, what do you do with yourself for 3 hours? Stare at folks between bites?

I have a book to recommend to you (and to all the people who get asked that question):

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Power-Introverts-World-Talking/dp/0307352153

barry
i was hoping for 4 hours, not 3

m
book sounds like a cool read

If you don’t have a significant other, and you don’t have a friend willing or able to go to a particular restaurant with you, should you just forego trying a restaurant you really want to go to?
I eat out alone all the time. It doesn’t bother me at all.

I almost always eat at the bar when traveling…saves from this…

Mark, it is a 3 hour meal at best. I went with a friend and his wife for their anniversary. After 2.5 hours, we got asked for the third or 4th time if we wanted a “private” tour of the kitchen. They made it plenty clear that it was time to go. We got the cursory 5 minute tour of the kitchen, they then showed us the door and literally took a full wine glass out of my friend’s hand (with 1990 non-vineyard Giacosa Riserva, no less).

I was not impressed by this, to say the least.

Sounds like my little soiree for one in The Salon on a Monday night was the way to go, for a lot of reasons.

Or this:

"they then showed us the door and literally took a full wine glass out of my friend’s hand (with 1990 non-vineyard Giacosa Riserva, no less).

as in physically removed the glass from the hand? it would have to be a very big waiter!

Per Se definitely does not like 3-tops either. Looks on opentable and there is a lot of availability over the next few weeks for 4 (even this friday at 8!) but only one of those slots shows up if you search for 3.

received a conviluted email from amex saying that they can’t directly make my reservation and that i should be receiving a call from the restaurant. that was 10/30 and i have yet to get a call.
sounds like i’ll be heading to emp in the near future, which isn’t too much of a punishment [cheers.gif]

Not willing to give the “my date should be here any moment” to “damn, she can’t make it?” while you are being seated? I guess by now they probably know who you are, and given that you have to give them a copy of your birth certificate in order to confirm…

And in the “for what it’s worth column,” the food I had at EMP the one time I went there did not even come close to what I was served recently a la carte at Per Se. And yes, I realize it is difficult to totally judge a restaurant’s “worthiness” by one visit, but sometimes that’s what you’ve got.

my experience regarding the food is the same as yours merrill
thanks for all the input on this topic btw

Hacker Table ALWAYS has FL reservations available. There is one on there RIGHT now for next monday.
http://www.hackertable.com

looks like only for 2 or 4 people
(oh yeah, and it’s also the wrong coast [wink.gif] )

oops. dyslexic. you said per se and i immediately thought french laundry. still, you could fly out and pay for two [wow.gif]

champagne.gif

Or Mark could take me up on my very generous offer. Works out to the same, and he would not have to endure a United flight [wow.gif].