Retailer Check: JJ Buckley

I like them but their warehouse operations aren’t at the highest levels of performance. They always respond and work earnestly/fairly to resolve issues, which balances it out.

Their website also needs a little help, both desktop and mobile, compared to the standard bearers.

On the plus side they are pretty generous with Hold to Ship or Will Call policies, which matter a lot for me.

My contact there previously was Corey, but he has decided to pursue an MBA, so now I have a new point of contact.

=========

If you are ever in the area of JJ Buckley it really is worth the 1.5 hours to schedule a visit at Masala, a hole in the wall Indian restaurant near there. Bring cash, and some patience, as you watch your food being made in front of you as you eat in their kitchen. It’s like marrying into an Indian family.

They are the primary online retailer that I buy from. ~2400 bottles in the last 11 years. Small problems back in the Wine Commune days but they were resolved fairly and quickly. Their shipping department had some glitches for a while but they have been great of late. Their shipping rates to Alaska are about the best of any retailer. My last shipment was in cardboard shippers instead of Styrofoam which is a big plus in my mind. I have always found their prices to be competitive and their storage policy generous.

Thanks again.

It’s easy to buy from them…I’ve had great aged wines and wines on release…always seems to be well cared for in my experiences. I’m happy to buy wines from them.

good source. 650+ bottles, no issues. Chris Greene is very good to work with.