Rhys 2012: Skyline or Swan Terrace?

I’d say go with Swan, because it’s more expensive, and 2, because I wasn’t allocated any Skyline $!$!&)!)

I believe Swan and Skyline are the same price. Though I suppose for you the Swan is much more expensive since you weren’t allocated any Skyline!

What, they are both $99 (the price of Swan)? Skyline didn’t used to be so high.

Skyline has been $99 for the past few vintages.

Oh…and to the OP’s question, definitely buy both. Don’t worry about your significant other as she will forgive you when she taste them.

I knew it was a mistake coming to WB for this kind of advice. [cheers.gif]

Seriously, thanks everyone for the replies.

I will gladly take the bottles you do not, those are both great.

i thought “kaleidoscopic” was used to describe the horseshoe pinot in the newsletter? neener

Was it?! Didn’t even notice. But Don did use it above (post #3).

Now it gets weird. I just checked my notes, and here’s my note on the Horseshoe from the October 26 pickup day:

Posted from CellarTracker

Kevin, I’m claiming a copyright violation!

Xavier,
Great minds…
Kaleidoscopic nose is a term that I would more frequently use for Skyline but the '12 Horseshoe PN has a lot going on aromatically.

Depends on when you want to drink them and whether you want to drink them at peak. If at peak, you have a long wait for Skyline.

Kevin, I would have to agree. In fact, my note on the '12 Horseshoe from the visit last February (thanks again!) described the nose as “very exotic.”

Gun to my head, I’ll say Skyline.
Skyline has remarkable floral aromatics in general.

The first time I tasted the entire Rhys lineup side by side was several years back, in a group that Kevin gathered which included Cary (we were among the first to experience the “Rebel Base”)!

Skyline and Swan stood out to me then, and have ever since.

I can’t help but think all this Skyline talk is killing my wishlist chances…[pwn.gif]

Sorry Steve as I definitely didn’t help your cause.

I’ve tried the '09 ST and it was superb.
I’ve seen the Skyline vineyard as I drove by once. It’s dramatic, but I’ve never tried it or qualified for it, nor has the winery been available for a visit on the rare occasions I’ve been there.
With that spare info I’d just buy what’s offered from either vineyard and expect the best. At least you have the choice to do both.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I grabbed all of my Skyline and Swan Terrace tonight in my order. [stirthepothal.gif]

I ended up buying two Skyline and one Swan Terrace (was allocated two of each).

And some Horseshoe Chardonnay, though I wish I could have bought much more. What a wine.

I am all in on that Horseshoe Chardonnay, and not only because it’s greatness has been sung far and wide. For me, it’s also a straight-up reallocation of white Burgundy funds. No premox in Cali Chards, right?