Rhys Fall 2013 release date?

Mark,
Only 2) is unilaterally accurate. From a quality standpoint, I think 2011 is possibly the best year we have seen for white wines (which hurts since there is so little). Pinot is more about uniqueness with atypical CA PNs that reflect the unusually cool climate of the vintage.

Kevin,

I wish you luck with the gods of out of context quotes. :wink:

I only recently tried some Rhys and glad I did. Now just need to wait to get an allocation… hopefully soon!
-Dave

[rofl.gif]

I hope people realize my quote/question was more or less comical in nature… but I do appreciate Kevin’s response… classy as always [cheers.gif]

Perhaps a cabernet (sauv or franc) could be made for them??

Also, they produced Alesia wines from Alder Springs in 2011 to supplement low estate production. They showed pretty well earlier this year. Makes the sting of 1 (?) bottle allocations go away…a little.

Got this Aug 23rd:
We want to give you a quick heads up that our Fall 2013 offering should arrive in your mailbox on Tuesday, September, 24th.

This release will include the last of our single vineyard Pinot Noirs from the outstanding 2010 vintage in addition to the 2010 Horseshoe Chardonnay and Syrah. Our 2010 wines have garnered a great deal of critical acclaim and we have included links to recent articles and reviews on our website at:

http://www.rhysvineyards.com/ press

The 2013 Fall Release will include:

2010 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay ($69)
2010 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir ($69)
2010 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir ($69)
2010 Rhys Swan Terrace Pinot Noir ($99)
2010 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah ($59)
2010 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir Magnum ($159)
2010 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay Magnum ($159)

Allocations for these wines will be available until October 12th.

I have had a number 0f 11’s, many producers in our book’s current vintage and I think that this is one of the best vintages of California Pinot I have tried, crisp, cool with good fruit intensity. For me it beats the ripeness that I usually get from the region as a whole.

We went through a handful of 2011 CA pinots last night (should have some notes up in a day or two) and the vintage again showed me a 3 of fine examples–red fruits, bright acidity, balance. For me, not sure what more I can want from a glass of pinot noir, Jason. Agree with your last post, as well.

We had no Rhys in the event b/c the wines are not out yet, of course.

Don’t worry, the 2012 lineup is plentiful and amazing. Buy all you can.

Slightly (well ok, quite OT), how is/was the 2013 harvest?

The 2013 harvest at Rhys is underway!! [wow.gif] Kevin and others have been posting short updates on the Rhys twitter page I beleive, which can be accessed through the Rhys website. So far so good is what I have been reading. Home has already been picked. Huge picks yesterday and today at Alpine, BearWallow, Horseshoe and Family Farm. Sounds fairly close to 2012 so far in regard to both quality and quantity. But concern raised today about finishing the harvest before a potential Friday heat spike. champagne.gif

Great to hear that the harvest is turning our great, esp. following such a lean 2011.

Jim is right, 2013 is shaping up to be a really great year for both production and quality. After so many very low yielding years, It seems nearly impossible but we now have two back-to-back vintages of good yields and very high quality.
Customers can expect great availability from Rhys in the coming years!

Kevin, I’m ready for 100% (+ wish list additions) of my allocation today if you want to send it! :slight_smile:

On track for the release this morning ~10am PST. Please check out the new website!

Looking forward to it!!!

Saw the website last night. Very cool! It made me want to buy more flirtysmile

HURRY UP