Rhys Fall offer

Dang. Just noticed the Home Pinot is part of this offer; will be getting some of that, too.

Correction: I received the email, ended up in my junk folder.
Sorry for the mix-up!

JF

Just opened a 2013 Swan Terrace. Holy shit!

I never “got” Swan Terrace, until tonight.

Opened a 2013 Horseshoe Pinot last week. It was excellent, these wines really show well with a bit of age.

JF

Wow, Those were my favorites when George did the massive Rhys verticle last year with our local Berserker offline group dinner with Kevin Harvey. That might have been due to palate fatigue by the time we got around to tasting the Alpine’s and Shoes… I also love 13 as a vintage in the SCM. Now your making me want to adjust my order.

Sean

I opened a 2007 alpine pinot in anticipation of this offer. looking past the crumbling cork (which has hit every one of my 2006, 2007 and 2008 rhys wines) the wine was amazing! so Im in, full on!

How long does a person usually wait before offered an allotment with Rhys? I only learned about this winery a few months ago (on this site), and signed onto their waiting list in August. I’m amusing I will not make this fall offer, but am curious to know what the average wait time is?

Varies in these weird times. Ebbs and flows based on demand and other extrinsic factors.

I joined about 12 years back and it was early on and got immediately added if I recall correctly. My allocation basically increased YOY to what it is now and flattened off yet I can’t handle more than a case for practical purposes of storage and variety. Reading above, it seems to be like 1 to 2 years out for a “wish list” allocation or an initial allocation. Once you are provided an allocation or are fulfilled on a wish list, you are on base. It may not be everything however its a start. Take what you can get and what you like.

I joined in March of this year and got an offer, so I would think you might come off the wait list this offer depending on how many allocations are purchased.

In for

2x2018 Alpine Pinot Noir
2x2018 Alpine Chardonnay
2x2018 Swan Terrace Pinot Noir
1x2018 Mt. Pajaro Chenin Blanc
3x2017 Horseshoe Syrah

JF

Just placed a small order.
2x Alpine PN
1x Horseshoe Syrah
1x Bearwallow PN

Some good choices!

Thanks, this is my first order, even though I made it off wait list some time ago after a 2 year wait. I was fortunate enough to get to tag along on a tasting there with Jeff once.

My wife is a sucker for the Bearwallow; her “occasion” wine is the Swan Terrace. I bought a mixed case (assuming wishlisted bottles) but skipped the whites. Sad to hear may be no 2020 vintage from some of these great vineyards.

Has anyone had an order ship yet?

I didn’t see an anticipated ship date in the invoice email, but assumed these would have shipped before winter.

Not from this order series, but my 500 ml bottle 2018 Pinot futures shipped. Arriving today.

I have reached the point where I ignore the Rhys “expected” ship time frames. It’s usually 6-12 months later than they say.

I emailed Rhys about shipping a couple of days ago. They said they’re packing them now and hope to have them out in a couple of weeks.

This is very true. They just magically show up one day and its a pleasant surprise.

Also, just got the 2019 Futures email…

Rhys’ futures program is designed to give our customers a chance to buy both alternate formats and case quantities of our wines prior to bottling. In a sense, this is a custom bottling option. If you are not interested in alternate formats or case quantities, there is no need to participate in this offering, you will still receive your typical allocation of these wines in the regular releases over the next year. However, if you are interested in both large and small format or case quantities of these wines, the futures release is the only time these are offered. In general, we offer six packs of our single vineyard wines in 375 and 500mL bottles, single 1.5 and 3L bottles and full 12 bottle 750mL cases.

2019 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Chardonnay
2019 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir
2019 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir
2019 Rhys Pinot Noir Sampler Pack (2 each of Alpine, Bearwallow, Family Farm, Home, Horseshoe and Mt. Pajaro Vineyard)

Despite being a year away, seems like the easiest route to secure 375s (which I love) or large formats if that’s your thing.

I think the only route for the odd sizes, as those get bottled to spec and cannot be found later.
I always wished there would be a slight discount for futures, as one is tying up money that could have make a small fortune in Tesla stock.