Rhys Offering

I have often considered passing on an offer, but then I open a bottle that aged nicely and I lose my resolve. A recent 2010 Home Vineyard was beautiful so I’ll be ordering that and the Alpine Pinot. At this point, my only Pinots from California are Rhys and Scherrer.

Diane, my position exactly. Order in.

I’m a fan of Horseshoe Vineyard. Enough said.

If you don’t already know, Bearwallow makes some seriously delicious Chardonnay. I would highly recommend at least grabbing a couple, especially for the price. [cheers.gif]

I already have several whites so I ordered only reds (no mags) with a few wish list items. Still adding up for someone not in the top tier. Great wines though, so no need to whine.

Gang, I can’t recall…when will this offering ship? I would love to get a bottle of the Bear Chard open before the shipping window closes. Anyone know?

Frank, I’d assume fall, I have 375ml of the Bear Chard if we can figure a transfer.

Fyi in case it comes up for anyone in the future it was definitely location. Once I engaged my VPN with a US address it worked fine to order

Just curious if anybody has received their wishlist notification (yay or nay)?

I left a good chunk of my allocation for others.

Hi Craig, we’re planning on granting wishlists tomorrow, should take a day or two.

Just curious. What’s the style of Rhys?

Got mine! 3 SM and 1 FF PN. Thanks!
Just popped the ‘12 SM PN and will say that it is in a good place.

There’s some variation because some of the fruit comes from the Anderson Valley in Mendocino, and some comes from the Santa Cruz Mountains.

But overall I would put these on the drier/earthier/more minerally/well balanced side of the California Pinot spectrum. Reading that over, it seems like an absurd generalization, as these wines are fairly unusual in flavor profile, and much higher overall quality than other nearby producers. But if you love big, fruity, cola, cherry bombs in your California Pinot, these might not be a good fit.

Still: try one :slight_smile:.

I would add more savory than fruity, simply because of the high stems added to the mix. Think of eating tree bark for reference.

Thanks Markus. Good to hear no mega purple :slight_smile:

Agree with R. My advice would be to have a look in Cellartracker. The 2012 vintage or even 2015 and see what people say in their TNs. Use Horseshoe and Alpine as vineyards when you do your search. This will give you a good POV.

Pleasantly surprised to pick up two more Alpine Pinot. Thank guys.

yay

Yay