Rigid foam for wine cellar insulation

Thanks @JulianMarshall, I’m all for cost effective as it means I can buy more wines!

For OP Ken, did you make a decision on ccsf or foam board?

I don’t want to thread jack but think my question falls in line with the OP.

I have a corner basement space that has a northerly stone wall with window and an Eastern facing stone wall with window. The other walls share the rest of the basement space that has my mechanicals (boiler, water heater and laundry). The northern wall is half below grade and temps in the winter of the space get down to 50 degrees and climb up to about 75 in the height of summer. Interior walls are stucco and bare concrete floor.

My question is can I apply rigid foam board directly to the stucco without a vaper barrier and perhaps put nailers over them to put up drywall on top? And reflective insulation over the windows to reflect light back out?

The room keeps at 50% humidity in the winter and climbs higher in the summer to 75%.

I am in the camp of folks who don’t mind gradual fluctuations of temp and humidity for my wine storage as long as they are gradual and don’t get over the 65degree threshold. I’m fine with 50% relative humidity as well.

Our old house, I used an under the staircase storage closet that worked out fine but have moved into a new house with some additional space that I can finally call my own cellar.

Thanks in advance.
Richard