Rochioli SVD Pinot Noir Mailer

At their winery they have maps of the vineyard and is indicated on the map. For some reason they have not updated it online as of yet. East block has also been ripped up and the Cabernet which went to Longboard.

Pretty much everything is SO now.

I was looking at this map online last week … you know what caught my eye? A little parcel of … Syrah! [wow.gif] I wonder what they do with those grapes! [stirthepothal.gif] (TIC)

I just checked my allocation and it seems as if things are sold out. [wow.gif] I tried to order but I was unable. It didn’t say sold out so I am a bit confused. I will try to call the winery later to better understand the situation. [soap.gif] The whole concept of “first come, first served” in allocations continues to piss me off and I realize it has been discussed ad nauseum on this Board…loyalty and longetivity seem to account for nothing. [swearing.gif] C’est la vie, mini rant is over. I will try to get in touch with them later.

Cheers!
Marshall [stirthepothal.gif]

According to the website, West Block and Little Hill are now sold out, in addition to River Block.

Well Brian, it seems like they “updated” my info…I was able to see all my past orders but had to use a new password to see (what was left) of my allocation. I took a few bottles of LH but am still not at all happy with this system. Everything else that I have purchased for over 10 years was gone. I may need to rethink some of my buying habits…

Cheers! [soap.gif]
Marshall

My order is in. Like you…this is one I do not procrastinate on.

Tom
Twitter: NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

The grapes go into a wine which is only offered in the tasting room. It is called "Ranch Red. Last years version was a blend of Syrah, Petite Zini believe coming from from Sodoni (sp?) Ranch in the RRV.

Hmmmm, interesting. Thanks for that info., David. Is the “Ranch Red” expensive? It just seems weird to me that they’d have a single tiny parcel. I wonder, on who’s whim that parcel was planted?

IIRC the Ranch Red is relatively inexpensive. $30 or so. As an aside…Sodini Vyd is now being farmed by Morgan Twain-Peterson and Mike Officer.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

I visited Rochioli in November. They were poring the Ranch Red. I thought it was nice and took a bottle home with me. The bottle I drank at home was not very good - grape juice in a bottle. Maybe it needed to sit open for a while to develop like the tasting room bottle. Not sure.