Rome Restaurants with outdoor seating

Fred, Thanks. I will be studying your Florence recommendations a lot in planning our trip. You have been tremendously helpful.

1 Like

I actually chatted with Salumeria Roscioli and they are seating folks outside so fyi for anyone that is interested.

1 Like

On a tangent, you might consider http://pittigolaecantina.com/ in Florence, which I picked up from one of the posts here. Their general approach is to do a fixed meal/wine pairing, but you can also go solo and pick-off bottles from their list. Last week, we drank a 2015 Montervertine Le Pergole that I sniped for 180e off a pretty deep wine list, which went exceedingly well with the food. Pricing there was ~10% lower than La Bussola, which also had a great selection and good food.

1 Like

Pierluigi (specializing in fish/shellfish) has been around forever and has an outdoor seating area. Not sure if they have any outdoor seating, but Il Sanlorenzo is a fabulous fish/seafood restaurant.

Those are 2 of our favorites Andrew. La Bussola for a nice casual lunch near some of our favorite spots and Pitti Gola for light bites and incredible wine. We had the 2006 Monteraponi CC Riserva for a price a good bit less than what we see for retail during our visit in Sept.

Howard Cooper - happy to help with any questions. Are you going to make it into Tuscany ?

2 Likes

Actually, we are going to spend more/most of our time in Tuscany. We have spent a good bit more time in Rome than in Florence/Tuscany (we have only been there for parts of two days). So, that will be more of the focus this time. We hope to go in the fall and are just beginning to think about what we want to do. I am sure we will have questions as we get into planning this more deeply. Thanks.

Sadly Al Pantheon will be closed next month when we will be in Rome. Da Francesco is on our short list, as well as Il Marchese, Spirito Divino, and Il Duca. Any thoughts on these locations?

I haven’t been to Da Francesco but friends who were just there said it was great and recommended it highly. On the outdoor seating theme, we really enjoyed the patio at Piperno. While a little more upscale than some, it’s definitely traditional Roman food.

If it helps to add another to consider, Cesare al Cassaletto was on our list for our last trip but we didn’t make it there - it’s a cab ride most likely, depending on where you stay, and they have an outdoor area that gets mentioned a lot. It’s going to be a stop for us next time for traditional Roman.

1 Like

I had my first taste of Kava in a restaurant in Rome. It’s a very unusual drink, and you just have to try it. As far as I know, it’s not part of the Italian national cuisine, but it was in Rome that I tasted it for the first time. Unfortunately I don’t remember the names of restaurants, but I visited about 20 cafes and restaurants in 1 week in Rome and they were all very good. So I think it won’t be difficult for you to find a place to eat. But if you see a Kava bar somewhere, like this one: bestkavabar.com , I advise you to go there. It’s not like a restaurant with outdoor tables, but I think you’ll like it.