Sabelli-Frisch Spring Release

The Mariedam white zin was spellbinding this evening. Totally unexpected and looking forward to picking up some more soon.

5 Likes

Spellbinding is a good descriptor. Had this the other night and am still trying to wrap my head around it, in the best way possible.

2 Likes

Had the mariedam tonight. Eccentric but no doubt it’s tasty. Thought the oak was prominent on opening—I assume it’s oak, at least, no mention of the wood treatment that I can see in the release note—but it doesn’t detract and eventually became less pronounced. I think I would have guessed chard, maybe viognier blind—hard to find the frame of reference.
There is oak, watermelon, white peach, maybe? Good with food and very pretty in the glass. Tastes “natural” but it’s not weird and there are no flaws.
Doesn’t necessarily read as a rose imo, not that it matters.
Another strange and singular wine from SF that punches above its price point and is a pleasure to drink. Not sure what else I could ask for.

2 Likes

Good catch, Dave! It has about 20-25% new American oak on it, because, well, Zin and AO is a match made in heaven! I’m actually surprised you picked up on the oak, because to me it’s almost undetectable - you have a very tuned palate! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Adam, looking forward to trying your latest releases at the Manhattan Beach Wine Auction in a few weeks!

1 Like

Adam, did you see Otto’s tasting note on the La Malinche? He called it mission blind because he picked up the American oak and knew it wasn’t pinot or Grenache!

1 Like

I did see that - very impressive! But it predominantly had French Oak on it, to be honset. A small amount of American, but mostly French.

I popped the Mariedam White Zin tonight. I get the subtle oak note too, but it’s not overpowering or off putting.
I think it’s a great wine with nice rose’ minerality, a distinct orange oil note and white pepper. These will disappear soon. Nice wine.

1 Like

Friends, my official Instagram account was hacked (and a few others in wine business), so if you see any strange requests, DM’s or postings, please know it’s not me and don’t respond. Trying to recover it, but Insta is useless. Can’t believe it’s this easy for hackers to take over and for genuine owners not get it back. And nobody to talk to, just an automated online thing.

1 Like

I popped the Faun Zinfandel tonight and love it. All the characteristics of Zin: spice, bramble, raspberry all in a medium bodied package. Balanced, no heat. A summer Zin. Bravo.

Adam, I don’t see this wine on the site anymore. Do you still have some available?

Thanks!

Yes, I do. I’m just behind on the updating of website so it’s still only in the membership link and not in the regular webshop yet. You can access it via link in 2nd post on this thread.

1 Like

Guys, Adam and his wife were kind enough to join us today at the Manhattan Beach Wine Auction. As always he brought his super cool mix of wines. He has a Zweigelt (yes the Austrian red) and a Syrah they were quite striking. Good stuff.

2 Likes

You inspired me Michael. Also, what are you riding (background of your bottle photo)?

1 Like

Heh, I just searched for this post to say the same thing - Michael’s post had inspired me to pop the Faun tonight. Holy crap, this is essence of zin, with soaring aromatics and zinberry fruit - but with none of the too-muchness of so many zins. Medium light body, but a subtle creaminess to the texture. Crushable from pnp, but it also gets more nuanced and layered after an hour in glass…

2 Likes

Hope you like it as much as I did.
What’s on the bike wall? Some fun stuff. A Moots Vamoots Ti road bike, a Waterford single speed cross bike and a Salsa gravel bike. There’s even a full suspension mountain bike tucked in there too.

2 Likes

Is that a George Nelson bench?

Style yes. Copycat, also yes.

Are you shipping or holding orders until Fall?

1 Like

In the shipping thread I mentioned that I’ve implemented no shipping between June and Sept as a general rule, but I will of course do so to aware customers who need it during this period and can find a suitable window where temps are acceptable. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Had a great time, thanks Brent! And what a lovely event.

1 Like