Sabelli-Frisch Wines

I now ship to New Hampshire, should anyone feel the urge. It’s a slow process adding new states with the shutdown, but more are coming.

I have some sitting right next to me, as we speak. Have opened two of their wines (but not the Mission one) and really like them for the price. Gorgeous packaging! And I like the intention of this winery.

Nice write-up on Adam’s wines in Esther Mobley’s newsletter.
https://link.sfchronicle.com/view/5ea20554b3a86e21f8233820chzjp.qbz/3f7651c6

Thanks Chris!

A little data point on the “Milk Fed” Marsanne: Opened one the other week, drank a glass, put a vacuum cork in and stuck in fridge. 4 days later I needed some cooking wine for a dish I was making but decided to try a glass as well, expecting it to be past prime. And lo and behold, this was probably my favorite showing of this wine. It had gone all honeysuckle, honeydew on me and those big skin tannins had just integrated very nicely. I should have done some extreme open stress tests like this earlier, but honestly never thought of doing so. So for those of you that have it, don’t be afraid to leave this wine with just a cork in it for a few days, or drink a glass a day - it can handle it.

've heard from quite a few producers that longer tannic compounds in wine, longer skin maceration, or even whole stems, tend to protect them from oxygen degradation. Is this the board members collective experience as well?

Who is Sabelli-Frisch. neener

Congrats Adam!

Long time lurker. I just finally created an account. I wanted to have this first post be about the Sabelli-Frisch wines, because if I hadn’t discovered this board (where have I been these past years?) I never would have found Adam and his wonderful wines!

Thank you Kamaal!

Wines can now also be bought on K&L Wine’s website and in their Redwood City shop.

And I can now ship to Oklahoma.

I want to order more of your wines, but I want to drink more of the ones I got during BQR first. Trying to give it as much time as possible…

Thanks Max. What’s BQR? newhere

I’m guessing Berserker Quarantine Relief
I ordered some from the BQR offer also, did a virtual tasting with a friend in Colorado, and we loved all of them. Finally got around to ordering a case to tuck away in the offsite, and am super excited to get these when the shipping window reopens. No reason to hesitate in ordering more , you already know they are awesome wines!

Thanks, Jonathan!

And just heard from board member that Wine Spectator gave a 91pts score to the Mission. He was kind enough to send me the note:

Tasting Note
Distinctive and elegant, this red is sleek and smooth, with raspberry, blood orange and dried cherry flavors that are pure and refreshing. Hints of cocoalike tannins, black tea and freshly cracked black pepper linger on the finish. Drink now through 2030. 640 cases made. — MW

I’ll take that! flirtysmile [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Very exciting and richly reserved.

Adam, you are welcome and I look forward to trying these wines at some point. Brent

This has been a tough year for everyone and certainly for many wineries. Sales trickled down to almost nothing during the summer months as expected, but there’s been an uptick again now that colder temps are here. I want to thank everyone and all of you who have continued to be curious about these wines - me and my family are immensely grateful! Could not have done this at all without you guys and WB! flirtysmile [cheers.gif]

I’m now introducing this years last two Thanksgiving/Christmas deals that will run up until Xmas day. The two deals and packages are sized to be “gift friendly” (and I’m of course more than happy to include a handwritten note from you if it is intended as a gift - just email what you want it to say!). I wish I had a new wine to include in these offerings, but my (bone dry, of course [wink.gif] ) Riesling is scheduled for a Dec bottling and will probably need a little bit of time to get over whatever shock it might encounter, so I think it’s best to save that one for any later offers (hint - Berserkerday, maybe?). It also reflects that I’m getting a bit low on some of the stock, so the case deal is gone for now and the Marsanne is limited to one for each package. Here are the new offers:

3-PACK ONE-OF-EACH XMAS SPECIAL: 1xMission, 1xAlicante Bouschet, 1x Marsanne
6-PACK MOSTLY RED XMAS SPECIAL: 3xMission, 2xAlicante, 1xMarsanne

You can access all the deals via this multilink: @sabellifrisch | Linktree

I also want to shamelessly mention again that all of these wines are 90pts or higher (if you put any credence in points). Wine Spectator gave the Mission 91pts - as far as I know the highest score for a Mission. John Gilman gave it 92pts. He also gave the Marsanne 90pts and the Alicante 91+pts.

Thanks again!

Order in! Great offer. Please post to Commerce Corner!

We continue to get people on the bandwagon for the Mission. We have personally liked all of the wines, but everyone we drink the Mission with goes in for a case shortly after.

The TN from WS is pretty close to my own (very confusing as I haven’t agreed with any of them for a long time). Has a lot going on if you want to contemplate… but also great for a backyard bbq.

Thank you for posting this, Adam. I ordered a six pack to be sent to my brother’s house in Illinois. How are things progressing with shipping to Indiana?

Thanks Dan!

Patrick - thanks for your order! Still working on Indiana… Admittedly adding new states has been a little slower over the summer and harvest months when there were little sales, but hoping to ramp it up in the new year.