San Francisco Restaurant

Not that it matters to what’s on the plate, but Gary Danko’s website hasn’t been changed in oh, 7-8 years?.. maybe more.

No matter which restaurant you pick from all the ones mentioned, you’ll have a fine meal. I wonder though if your kid has the stamina? =D

Unless you have an aversion to tasting menus, then Saison is IMO the best restaurant in San Francisco. And it isn’t even close. If you can’t get a reservation there, then Atelier Crenn would be the next choice. I love Quince and it is great, but it doesn’t quite reach the heights of Crenn let alone Saison.
Danko has great service and a bustling room but the menu is antiquated to say the least. For me, Boulevard is a notch above a diner.

Not a fan of FDL or Gary Danko. Atelier Crenn and Acquerello are my faves for special nights. Want to go to Saison.

Andrew

I’ve been so far away from the Michelin-starred dining scene these days with my new daughter that I’ve never heard of Atelier Crenn until this thread. Doing google-fu, it looks like I need to arrange a date night with the wife. Crenn is vegetarian friendly too, which is a bonus for my vegetarian wife.

I would think you know about Green`s and their emphasis on vegetarian food and a decent wine list with an even better view of the bay. If not, your wife may enjoy it as we have.

I`m happy to know about Crenn, new to me until this thread as well.

yeah we’ve been to greens and millenium a few times. Not bad.

Have you been to the new Saison? Have they changed the menu? I know they have upped px’g.

I love Boulevard…px’g does not seem to align with opinion though I’d go a lot more if it did! I agree it’s not necessarily a special occasion place but a notch above a diner…