San Francisco wine storage options

Balla moms need that 0245 Champs, en Magnum of course.

Best Prices in Bay Area. Joe is great and extremely responsive.

What is the approximate cost/case/year to store wine in some/any of these places? Assuming, reasonable quantity, say 50-100 cases? Thanks.

I moved my wine from Subterraneum to Adventures in Wine. If you live in the City that bridge is flat out ridiculous.

Thanks for the input. As a bit of an update, within minutes of posting here I received an email from a person that I believe is the owner copied to the local sales rep. My first thought was “wow, this internet thing is really great…” Unfortunately, the follow up email was a recommendation to text said local rep, as she may not read the email promptly (much less answering the phone as Joel has also experienced). Now it is the end of the business day, and I have still not received any follow up.
I have to say, I am thoroughly perplexed that a business would not jump at the opportunity to capture recurring revenue that goes straight to the bottom line. In my company, if I found out that one of my reps was non-responsive to qualified prospects I would terminate him the same day.
I appreciate the input on the other options in the broader area, but that’s not really what I’m after at this point. I have most of my wine at Winebank, where I have been a happy customer for ten years. At this point I’m just looking for some overflow storage convenient to my place in SoMa.
-Jeff

Have you looked at Presidio Wine Bunkers. A friend stores overflow there.

Presidio Wine Bunkers is great, but nowhere near SoMa, and does not have 24h access. No access on Sunday. Wonderful facility, though, and good folks who run it. I’ve got around 65 cases and nearing capacity, could probably get in another 10. Runs $100/mos. dimensions are 4’ by 4’ by 10’ (maybe 12’?) high. Completely passive. It’s very convenient for those of us in southern Marin.

How are they compared to Subterraneum? Service, hours and price?

I really like Joe and love the low prices. But agree, pain in the ass going across the Bay Bridge.

They are also full. I’m on the waitlist, supposedly they’re building out some more capacity due to open in March.

I would contact George in the LA office via email (george@ideal55.com). He is generally responsive via email. I have enjoyed having my wine at ideal55 given the 24/7 access policy. My only pain point is they will not take deliveries (yet). Bonus: American Grilled Cheese Kitchen is 1.5 blocks away.

Also, I would add that I had my wines at Presidio Wine Bunkers before and was very happy to move. I did not have a bad experience, but if you have a job with normal-ish work hours/days, I doubt you will want to spend your Saturdays there (unless you can combine your visit with a run, bike, tee time, etc.)

He is great

It’s a drive from SF, but Wine Chest in Pleasant Hill is very competitive - roughly $1/bottle per year. I make it out 2 or 3 times a year to deposit new/pull old - it’s very easy to have patience for younger wines when they are over an hour away.