Sandlands??

Glad I’m not the only one who does this :slight_smile:

deleted

Let’s hope all is well with Tegan’s family. From a look at Instagram I’d say all looks good. Tegan seems to be busy cruising around.

Why worry about the family? Unless you are born with congenital birth defects, born premature, or need surgery in your first week of life, what’s to worry?

I opened a 2010 Carnigan last night and while good, it was tight even with a decant. Tonight it has loosened up nicely and is very good. Nice dark fruit, some blackberry, a little leather, but not old dusty leather on the palate. Camomile and a slight pine on the nose.
I will be a buyer. Let’s hope my tax return is favorable.

I apologize for speaking about others’ personal lives. I will forthwith refrain from doing so.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone.

Drew, not offended, but just thought it was an ‘off’ comment to say. I mean, unless your child has an issue in life, the birth of a young 'un should be an occasion for happiness and joy, not anxiousness. Tegan seems like a man who has his life together and knows his priorities and I am sure us fan-boys will be the first to hear via email when he wants to release another batch of wine.

opened my first carignane last night and oh my it is indeed an impressive wine. darker than i expected and bright fruit. could easily drink the entire bottle myself.

Looks like I have to pass on this offer if it comes out this month. Buying moratorium in effect.

Bump…

Anyone know anything?

Last year was on 3/31, hopefully same date this year so we can plan, especially as I’m pretty sure allocations still aren’t guaranteed.

This will be an all-in for me, including every wish list, these wines just kill me they’re so good.

Looks like you will be able to buy this one, too!

Life is good.

Last year I received the offer on March 31… I suspect its probably next week?

From earlier in the thread:

Waiting for the new release which is chock full of Carignane, I thought it would be a good time to open a bottle from the initial Sandlands offering. Glad I did.

2010 Sandlands Carignane - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (3/23/2016)
PNP. Deep hued. Nose of spice box and hint of petrol on opening. Medium texture. Rich currant with refreshing tartness and modest (resolved?) tannins. Long finish with nice balance of red fruit and light acid. Very ready and very good.

Posted from CellarTracker

Joe, thank you for sharing your experience!

I am looking forward to the Contra Costa Carignan from Sandlands. I have a bottle of the '13 Mendocino “Cemetery Vineyard” Carignan that I am waiting to open.

In my opinion, the Contra Costa region has absurdly unique potential, just waiting for more Sandlands, Bedrock, etc, releases.

I am a bit sad that no syrah will be in this mix, although of course everything in the lineup looks great!

Popped the '13 Carignane and was surprised. The wine seems very straightforward fruity and without the usual structure of this grape. Drinks like a Beaujolais. Weird bottle or is this vintage just made in a different style?

These wines are made to be fun; enjoy them!

In other words, they are not highly structured, but to me can stand short-to-medium term (up to 8 years or so) aging. When you want or need a smile on your face, these are the go-to bottles.