Santa Rosa area - July 21?

I’d have been drinking and eating much better if I had been with you. Next time!

It was great to meet Brian, and thanks to him for coming out on a school night, and for coming heavy.

There was some debate about whether the L-M was a bit off. I did get the strongest pepper note of the four from that one, though, and that’s what I most look for in syrah.

The Halcón was the WOTN for me and the first of their wines I’ve ever tried with some age on it. Glad I took advantage of their last two BD offers!

Based on experience with more recent vintage, I expected the WG to be a bit lean and mean even for me, but it wasn’t. Really nice wine right in my sweet spot on the lean-fat curve.

And the Bedrock was still a baby! 9 years old and their basic “everyday drinker” syrah, and it still has baby fat. Crazy. Perfectly enjoyable now, though, if you favor primary fruit.

The night before was dinner with Florida Jim and Dr. J over in Sonoma. WOTN was a 2001 Damien-Serrette Cornas “Patou” (a gift to Jim from Big Dog, for those who remember Jon). 2008 Ridge Monte Bello was too oaky for Jim, but Dr J and I liked it, though it still needs time obviously. 2001 Jasmin Côte Rôtie from my cellar was quite enjoyable, but a bit outshone in this company. Then there was a domestic pinot.

What a terrific way to spend a couple of evenings before heading back to the city for work. Thanks to all! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I know I’ve packed on a few lbs during the pandemic but… [wink.gif]

Fun night, thanks for looking me up!

How was your visit to Bedrock? I was in town and almost crashed it.

Bedrock was very nice. Only three of us were there at the time, and the couple at the other table was Mac Myers of McPrice Myers in Paso and his wife, so we spent a lot of time geeking out on Rhône stuff together between pours. We got a few “off the main menu” bonus tastes, too. 2014 Monte Rosso was probably my wine of the tasting.

There was plenty of room for you if you’d had time to stop in!