Santa Rosa restaurants

We’ve enjoyed Spinster Sisters both times we’ve been there. It can be a little loud, with lots of hard surfaces, so ask for an out of the way table if that matters.

I’d agree that Rosso is more of a ‘take the kids for lunch’ kind of place than an adult dinner place.

The name eludes me, but the Portugese place in Sonoma Sq. is also quite nice, if you were willing to drive over there.

Yeah, it didn’t get much coverage. https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2363389#p2363389

We had a nice meal at Spinster Sisters last Saturday. Ordered the Calamari App and was expecting the usual fried rings. Instead it was a nice group of grilled whole “baby” calamari. Nicely done. My wife also enjoyed the special small plate mackerel on soba noodles.

Arv, the Portuguese restaurant off the Sonoma Square is La Salette. We had a late lunch there after tasting at the Bedrock “Hooker House”. Only ordered apps since it was 2:30 PM and we had a 7pm dinner at Spinster. The Octopus and Fish and Chips were both outstanding. My wife also made short work of the Sardine special.

Sardines before:

And after: (sorry - not used to the new sizing options yet)

We had lunch at Sea Thai Bistro in Santa Rosa before leaving town on Monday. One of the better Thai meals we have had and a surprisingly nice wine list. Will definitely be heading back on the next visit to Sonoma County in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Steve