SAXUM OPEN

Super awesome of Justin for those Gratis btls, one of the best in the biz.

First time not ordering my full allocation. I love this wine. According to the cellar tracker I have purchased 304 bottles since 2004 vintage and I still have 170 bottles left. If I keep purchasing full allocation I definitely will not live long enough to consume it all. Hopefully this will allow others to enjoy these great wines. Also I have committed to trying not to purchase bottles over $100. Mortgage and college intervene.

Wish lists are being granted.

Did any of you wish list the Gratis ? [snort.gif] [wow.gif]

Hey thanks a ton all you who ordered, I so much appreciate it!!

Wish list GRANTED !
Merci beaucoup !

I was looking at CT at the Gratias wines logged. Almost all are for 2 bottles. A couple are for 1. I hope everyone offered 2 took both and didn’t leave 1 on the table. Justin offered them as a gift and we should be honored.

Not going to lie, that sounds a little cult-ish. It’s just wine.

So someone offers you 2 free bottles of wine and you only take 1 so you don’t appear like you belong to a cult? Am I understanding your post correctly?

No I didn’t mean it like that. By all means if someone offers free wine, take it! It was just your prose “we should be honored” sounds like your are receiving your free bottles in a candle lit room wearing a robe. Ceremonies only to be held on the equinoxes.

Justin, thank you for your most gracious gesture of appreciation. I was blown away by it. IMHO Saxum has always been a model f excellence so many other wineries could learn from. It’s in their DNA - every release is a sellout.

As for what appears to me as insanity debating the motivation and protocol for accepting this gift, it’s the beauty of Berserkers - no good and generous gesture goes unquestioned.

Me, I’ll just sit back an enjoy a mag of perfectly aged Saxum this weekend and read these posts with a smile.

Larry, I want to call you out for brown nosing but I completely agree with the sentiment.

What’s your choice of a perfectly aged Saxum mag?

Good question -

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices - though not quite perfectly aged yet:
• A mag of 2011 James Berry Vineyard Bone Rock
• or a mag of 2014 James Berry (marginally ready)
• or 2011 James Berry NOT in a mag.[/list]

Apparently I have enjoyed my older ones.
TOO YOUNG - the mag of 2013 Rocket Block James Berry Vineyard

im gunna scream/cry myself to sleep over not making the mailing list cut with a 2010 broken stones this weekend.
that’ll show you Justin :slight_smile:

I think you should start a poll on which Mag you should open, and then not open it :wink: [wow.gif]

Wow, not short on good options. In my limited experience with Saxum (~10 bottles consumed) I think these need right around that 8 year window to start showing their depth. Every bottle I’ve tried younger than that seems to open up on the last sip.

Excited to have made the list and put in my first order.

Hexe was flat out amazing out of barrel, a monster, needs time. Dark fruit focused, but still chewy dense grenache.

Just put my order in :slight_smile: Excited to be on the list. Cheers! Hexe sounds like some good stuff from the description

First allocation! In for 3 Broken Stones and 2 Hexe.