Say you know someone and they only think wine is red...

Those can be polarizing wines. I’m not much of a fan myself in general.

My wine group is heavily red-centric but I have brought them around to champagne. But still, their preference is rose champagne.

Fu introduced the group to Roulot. Everyone seemed to love it. Is that cheap and easy to source? :wink:

All of your feedback has been great. I might try some white burgundy.
A few I have my eyes on…would appreciate your input.
2014 Mugnier St Georges 1er Clos de la Marechale
2012 Ramonet Chassange-Montrachet 1er Morgeot
2012 JM Pillot Chassange 1er Les Vergers Clos St Marc

I’ve been present when a 2002 Leflaive Batard Montrachet converted a staunch red wine drinker into a white burgundy nut.

Rombauer. Definitely. Or Sonoma Cutrer

Sur lie Sauvignon Blanc. A Pinot Gris or Viognier would be good too.

Rombauer has opened many eyes to the world of white wine especially in soccer mom segment :stuck_out_tongue:

+1.

Precisely what I was thinking. Don’t waste your time!

The chromatically challenged are simply to be pitied. I tend just to sigh and tell them they’ll probably grow up eventually.

It’s surprising, though, how common that divide is among civilians. I would say that ~90% of the time, when someone hears I’m a wine lover, the first question I get is “white or red?”

Pour them a glass of D’Yquem “Y.”

Once they fall in love tell them they will never be able to find it and pour them a simple Bordeaux blanc

I more frequently run into surprise that I’m as serious about white wine as I am about red, though that reaction is also disappointingly common among people who aren’t civilians. I think pity is the correct term for my reaction, particularly to the latter group.

I love that.

+1