Seafood Fest at Father Saxon's

Did you guys eat the prawn heads???
A delicacy you know.
[1974_eating_popcorn.gif]

Love shrimp heads…

With all types of big water bugs:

Hey, you’ve seen it before. I’m just crazy heads down right now trying to deliver you a great new version of my website. I am not going to be doing much partying until that is out the door.

Well done, I’m sorry to have missed it.

All work and no play makes Eric a very, very dull boy. Phil will be moving this summer, I sure hope you can forfeit a few hours of one day to send Phil off in the manner he deserves.

When does Phil leave? I definitely don’t want to miss that.

Right now it’s unclear. He might have 3 different job offers, so it could be early July up to late August. We’ll know by next week.

Superior work gentleman…and Steve. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

Very impressive Gentlemen.

Perhaps we could do a semi-annual seafood fest as Yin to FF Yang?

What a great idea. Problem is that the shrimp season is only 2 weeks, starting the 1st weekend of May…kind of close to FF.

But everyone is welcome to Seafood Fest.

Awesome!

Dan,

The continuation is on Saturday at Ed’s. What a great way to spend your birthday!

No can do, but I do have some ideas in the works about a gathering.

As a side note on Prawns…
When are they available until?
I’ve been able to get live ones from local markets from about 2.5 weeks ago until yesterday…
how much longer will they be swimming? :slight_smile:

Mark, the season will end Wednesday depending on the number caught. Last year there were so few boats out there that they extended the season an extra 5 weeks. This year I’m only expecting a week or 2.

they can track how MANY gets caught? woa…
so when you/Phil caught those prawns, you had to report your figure? or they only track the fish boats?

Anyhow Steve, based on your expertise, would i be able to snag any this coming weekend or is it too late? (get it by Wed?)
both my wife and I absolutely adore these prawns…
:slight_smile:

It’s interesting how they calculate the amount of shrimp caught. They send a spotter plane overhead to count the number of boats, times 80 shrimp per person, times 4 people. Then they get the poundage. If the quota is not reached they give you an extra day…or days.

Now the shrimp you get at Pikes Market is mainly caught by the Indians. They have a much longer season than me and have 6xs the number of pots. I think their season is over but I’m not sure.

ahh ok… so do you need a license to catch those? or can anyone just go out on a boat and catch them? :slight_smile:

I get mine from various places in Chinatown… (actually my wife gets them).
got some Sunday, but prices are going up a bit, and apparently her normal place was out, so she found them in a second location…

too bad these aren’t available year round… they taste good boiled, grilled, sauteed, or pretty much any style…

they taste good boiled, grilled, sauteed, or pretty much any style…

…popcorn shrimp, cocconut shrimp, creole shrimp, bbq shrimp, shrimp fried rice, shrimp cocktail…