Selections from my local rural wine shop

@Dan_Kravitz can you recommend a place to grab a lobster roll in Harpswell? Erica’s looks like my kind of place. I’m going to try my best to get down there for lunch on Friday.

Hi Tim,

Oddly, I’ve never been to Erica’s but their reputation is good. Just down from Erica’s is The Dolphin, not a lobster shack but an excellent restaurant. On the islands side of Harpswell, Holbrook’s Wharf is a great choice, or for more of a restaurant, Cook’s Lobster & Ale House.

Enjoy yourself, it’s not hard to do here.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

Might just be my favorite place I’ve visited in Maine. The place oozes charm and bald eagles seem to be common here.

Unloading the morning catch. My view from lunch.

Beautiful!

We’ve always had bald eagles, but over the past few years there seems to be a big increase. Also more herons, egrets and cormorants.

Dan Kravitz

Erica’s is a nice view on the water and decent but Gurnet Trading Company is excellent! 10 minutes or less from Harpswell as you head towards Brunswick….

Gurnet Trading is 1000 yards from my house, just under 800 yards from the island side bridge separating Brunswick from Harpswell.

Brian and Julie sold it early this year. So far, the new ownership seems to be doing things right. I happily second the recommendation.

Dan Kravitz