Session beer, aka drinking by the poolside

Happy to read this Michael. I have been working part time at Decadent Ales for the last 3 months and there will soon be a lot more beers out in the market.

On a side note, funny to see Decadent Ales mentioned in a “session beers” conversation. Paul (owner and head brewer) doesn’t really make low abv beers. Ha!

Jorge, I’ve quite liked what I’ve had, so congrats on your involvement with the project. I was somewhat surprised to like them as much as I have, because often these type of IPAs leave me lukewarm. I think you’re nailing the style. I actually was at a local merchant yesterday and grabbed a single can of the Creamsicle.

It is funny that the session beer conversation has sort of morphed into “what kind of beer are you drinking” (knowing full well that thread already exists) as the weather has cooled. I definitely don’t think of a 7-8%+ IPA as a session beer! But at this time of year the pool is closed, the weather has cooled and I’m less interested in lighter beers. The other beer I bought yesterday was a Prairie Birthday Bomb, which is a bruiser at 13% but drinks really easily for that much ABV.

Thanks Michael! Tasting room will open in a couple of weeks. If you’re in NYC anytime in the near future, please come by for a visit.

My go-to beer when I just want a beer but don’t know what I want. Always makes me happy.
IMG_20181005_204103.jpg