Setting up a new Artevino Eurocave

Thanks for the heads up and the offer on the MDS shelves - I think I’ll be good for a while at least during the initial set up as I have about 130 bottles to put in there with another 30-50 I assume coming from Spring/BD orders. If I get in a jam I’ll certainly send you a PM

1 Like

My Costco white glove delivery people brought the unit into the house and maneuvered down a flight of stairs (it barely and I mean barely fit) into the space I wanted. A nice el tippo for these gentlemen. I let my chiller sit for 72 hours.

1 Like

Central CA the white glove delivery was great, put it exactly where we wanted it and took away all of the boxing and trash. Let mine sit for 48 hours as even if it was transported upright, it most likely has to be rocked back at some angle in order to move it into its final location.

The only other thing I did that greatly improved my experience with the AretVino was I got some of the MDS rolling shelves from wine enthusiast to use, and they are worth the money in my humble opinion.

Can someone link to the MDS shelves that fit the Artevino?

These are the ones I ordered. Still waiting on delivery (seems to be stuck in Pennsylvania… don’t get me started on Fedex).

I will say that the wood shelves are just fine for Bdx bottles, but weird bottle shapes are definitely a problem. The worst offenders are high end napa cabs in bottles with thicker glass. That’s becoming an important consideration for me in purchase decisions…

The wood shelves can be set up to either slide or not. It’s as simple as inserting a dowel in the slider to block it from moving. I have one shelf for aging Bdx that is stacked 5-6 bottles high without any problems.

Thanks! Do the MDS ones “match” the Artevino ones in respect to when they are all pushed in - the beech wood facing out, would you see color differences? Aka is it easy (or ugly) if you are mixing and matching the shelves?

I have mine double stacked and have no trouble sliding the shelves … the only thing is that you lose a bottle of space horizontally because you can’t stack against the sides of the unit or they’ll obviously fall when you slide the shelves. It’s not a huge deal with 2 layers of bottles since you only lose a few, but if you’re trying to stack super high, you’d end up with a pyramid and by the time you got near the top, there would be basically no point.

I took delivery of two Artevino Eurocave cellars yesterday. One of the things that I did not know ahead of time was that the units do not come with a charcoal filter.

After much searching, I only found them available through Wine Enthusiast. They seem a little pricey for what they are but I bought them anyways.

The charcoal filter is supposed to be replaced every 6-12 months. While searching through old wine berserker posts, it seems like some users open up and refill their filters with new activated charcoal that can be purchased at hardware or pet stores. Something to consider as well.

There’s a video in the link I sent – looks like they do in fact match. I’m pleasantly surprised as I didn’t expect them to…

Reminds me… I need to swap out my filters! Not sure how much these things really matter though

When they arrived to unload it they opened it up in the street. Did a full inspection and took photos. Everything was in good condition. Recommend you take a picture of the label on the back of the unit as that is where the serial number is located. They placed the unit in its final location and leveled it up(after I reminded them to).

Before I loaded it I distributed the shelving. From the bottom up 18+36+24+24+24+22+22+18. I didn’t use the display shelf. Then I put the wooden dowels in the cordless drill to sand them down a bit before inserting them in the shelves. All shelves are fixed except for the top one.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips. Unit arrived Monday, filled it up yesterday (Wednesday) with ~125 bottles so still got some room for growth which after some winter orders ship + BD13 I may be looking for another unit!

Is anyone using the presentation shelf? It has 3 settings, but even at the lowest incline setting I am not sure the corks would remain in contact with the wine and they could potentially dry out? I have some screw cap bottles or maybe Champagne bottles to put up there?

And those dowels are not easy - no wonder why someone up thread suggested some sandpaper.

I use the presentation shelf to stand up bottles I’m thinking of drinking soon, but want to keep cool.

1 Like

Do Burgundy bottles fit okay in it?

Yep - when bulk stacking yes

If doing sliding shelves you need to give it one extra space. Up and down the side walls there are plenty of holes so you can adjust the rails for the shelves. So the burgundy bottles need a bit extra room so you adjust the height difference between the next shelf accordingly

Everyone still happy with theirs?

Did anyone have an electrician come in to make sure their outlet could support it without being upgraded?

3 months in and no issues. Already at ~176 bottles and probably have room for about 10-12 more, so the 200 estimate is fairly close if you do a lot of stacking.

I have another 3 year old sub zero fridge also set to 55 and those bottles always seem colder, so this weekend I took out some gauges as the wines from the Eurocave seem “warmer” when I pull them out. Well turns out the Eurocave is dead on and my Sub Zero is running 4-5 degrees colder so its mostly around 50-51 in there. Not sure it matters and I am going to test again to see if it is an anomaly or not….but yeah, so far so good.

3 years in and no issues. Maybe the compressor is a bit louder than it was on day 1 but I imagine that’s typical. Only gripe is I can’t fit anywhere near the stated quantity and I wish the presentation shelf was more angled so the corks stayed covered.

can you take the presentation shelf out and replace it with more efficient storage?

Yes
I am not using 2 shelves in mine, the presentation shelf and 1 normal/standard shelf.