Seven Apart Inaugural Release

FWIW was just at Costco and the 2018 Beau Vigne CULT cab released at $150/btl which is the predecessor in some way to this from this vineyard is being sold for $28.99. They had a pallet of it

wow

I mean…you pretty much nailed that one Gray!

Did you try it yet David?

Had a glass last night and was ok but defintely needed some time to unwind. What was clear was it was good quality fruit and winemaking. Just for you Rich I just poured myself another splash. The time has been good to it. Its starting to reveal some complexity and its well balanced. Has a big slightly tannic finish. Im gonna revisit again tomorrow as I have other things on tap for tonight. Impressions right now are Id be happy paying $50 to 75 for something like this and laying down for 5 years or so. They have a pallet so no rush but if tomorrow brings even better things I’ll likely grab 6 more this weekend. I think its a buy for most satisfied with a solid Napa cab ata great price with potential to reward some patience

1 Like

I grabbed a 6 pack based on the pedigree and I now have one open too. (first go around with Beau Vigne) Definitely starts out more modern and plush, but your right on with the fruit quality. At 28 bones, it’s a no brainer. Another forum wondered about it, as the release date on the winery page said May 2021 and whether this was a restaurant bottling. At the 2 hour point, the tannins are now starting to build out.

2 Likes

My bet is on de Negoce. That way they don’t dilute all that branding and marketing budget. Makes me thankful to those who have pointed me towards the better values out there.

Good stuff David - appreciate it! Will prob check out my Costco this weekend [cheers.gif]

I wasn’t sure whether to put it here or in the Costco thread. The wine is still very primary on day 2, but there is clearly a balance between the fruit and tannins. Alfert’s wife would probably like this one… pepsi

1 Like

Just saw this and poured another splash on now day 3. Agree on it still being kinda primary. Its still opening and tannins are getting more prominenet and chewy. Would go well with last nights rib eye or a burger right about now. Got a wine buddy stopping by and Im gonna have him try it when does

1 Like

Snagged one at Costco today and coravind a glass. I actually like this more than I thought I would! Not a world beater, but nice fruit and decent balance. Def still a bit primary and tannins are prominent as expected…but you could do a lot worse for $28.

Gotta say though, I absolutely HATE the name. I would not have even looked twice at the wine if it wasn’t for this thread.

Edited to add that I’ll probably pick up a few more. I agree that this should age well and at the price point, I’m absolutely willing to find out [cheers.gif]

I got a bunch as well to age. It improved spectacularly from day 1 to day 4!

1 Like

Got the 2019 Expedition allocation e-mail, but the link doesn’t seem to be working right at the moment.

Excited to try it, since it may be the first year Andy Erickson is involved?

Anyone else have some thoughts?

I believe Andy Erickson was involved in the 2018 vintage as well, based on what I gathered from the Shale zoom tasting. Looks like the email with the “order now” text may have been a mistake, since there’s another email that says the allocation opens August 26th? Very confusing.

Confusion abounds. A subsequent e-mail followed with a mea culpa, followed by opening the release today (“Due to the outpouring of interest to order right away”)
A 98 pt review from Somm Journal was cited (I haven’t really heard of this publication?)
And my allocation was 36 bottles.

Better act quick! Wine should go fast at $75…errr…$135…errr…$225

Just got yet another email hyping this stuff. $450/3 pk., minimum purchase for the entry level wine. Shipping included though, so that’s worth something…but it’s an easy pass for me, especially since I just loaded up on my Rivers-Marie allocation a few weeks ago.

1 Like