SF Bay Area/Peninsula Jan 12 Offline - remember BYO stems

Just got an email from the manager. We’re not getting the full menu, but we have enough choice with the mains (NY steak, pork, chicken, black sea bass).

Also, I forgot that Sandi is starting a 12 week art class on Mondays starting tomorrow so she won’t be able to attend.

We have room for 2 more folks. I’m going to give a final head count to the restaurant on Thursday so speak now.

That’s weird to me.
It’s not like we are a party of 50.
No biggie.

What happens if we try to order something from the main menu? [stirthepothal.gif] [whistle.gif]

1989 La Conseillante

I have a bottle of 2007 Napa Valley Reserve, which is, I believe, the private Harlan project. Need an opportunity to open it, this sounds like one.

The wine theme is gonna be tough for me. I have no CA Cab and only a minor growth Margaux from '08 in my cellar. I can bring a white to start off with since I don’t know if anyone is going to bring a dry white Bordeaux.

I say bring whatever you think will be good/fun to drink.
Our themes have always been loose anyway.

In fact I may even brown bag mine…

I personally like the idea of having some bring white, some bring dessert wines, etc.

Mixing it up instead of sitting down to 10 bottles of big red wine.

Mixing it up instead of sitting down to 10 bottles of big red wine plus various whites and dessert wines as extras.

For me, a mix of wines is better than simply more wine or more of the same kind of wine.

For me, the ideal mix would look something like this;

1 Champagne

1 White

2 lighter bodied reds

5 fuller bodied reds.

1 dessert wine.

I find that when it’s done this way, the people who bring Champagne, White, lighter bodied reds and Dessert wines will bring more serious stuff than people commonly do when they bring these as extras.

I have a sparkling blanc de blanc from Garys’ Vineyard, if that sounds like something people would like to try. ('08 The Council)

And here I thought only Pinot-as-Syrah was grown in Garys’. [stirthepothal.gif] [banhim.gif]

We had a magnum of the '03 over Christmas dinner. A very very good wine indeed.

Sorry, but I have to bow out. I don’t have coverage for the kids. If possible could I be a late addition if circumstances change?

Have them sit in the lounge with an iPad.
They’ll be fine!

Actually they would, but then I will have to sit outside my home

Andrew, are you and Chiara available? I checked through this thread and didn’t see a yay or nay from you.

Then sit outside and use the same iPad - you’ll be fine!

Larry, we are most likely out. Post holiday detox has taken over for a couple of weeks [shock.gif] . However we still do plan to do a fondue night later in the month. Stay tuned.

Anyone have a bottle (or access to a bottle) of the famous 2012 Caymus 40th Anniversary? Seems like a great opportunity to split a bottle and find out what all the talk is about (not that I can’t imagine). I don’t see any in stock at K&L or Beltramos, any other sources?

Perhaps Draeger’s or Robert’s?

Safeway?

BevMo?